We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

Atlanta
3 posts
Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

We are arriving by cruise ship and would like to walk out to the lighthouse. I've seen everyone describe the walk out to the lighthouse, but how could we get to the park to start? Is it far? Are there taxis or Uber's?

4 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

Not sure about Uber service in Rockland, but an online search turns up contact info for a couple of local cab companies. With the demand a cruise-ship arrival may put on fairly limited availability, you might think about calling and booking one ahead of time... and think about pre-arranging a breakwater to ship return trip when your driver drops you off to avoid a long wait if you just call when you're ready... Rockland is a great coastal town, but public transportation options are limited compared to what folks from larger places are accustomed to.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
673 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

May want to check the cruisecritic dot com meet and greet/message boards to see if anyone has organized a private car to take them to and from the starting point....are you on one of the big ships or a smaller one? Look on the ships’ website to see if they offer a shore excursion and time your visit outside the period when masses of folks will be there, perhaps (ie, if shore excursion starts at 9:00 and returns to ship for lunch at 11:30, go at noon).

Atlanta
3 posts
3. Re: Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

Thanks! I contacted a taxi company and they assured me they will be at pier and will give me card so we can call when ready for pick up. So think we are set!

Camden, ME
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Transportation to breakwater lighthouse

For future reference, there are 2 taxis in the Rockland/Rockport/Camden area: Schooner Taxi and Joe’s Taxi. There are no other public transportation options for getting around locally.

Schooner Taxi

Email: cmerritt.sbt@gmail.com

Phone: 207-594-5000

Joe’s Taxi

www.joes-taxi-rockland.com

Phone: 207-975-3560

Reply to: Transportation to breakwater lighthouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockland