We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dinner for one night in Rockland

WA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Best dinner for one night in Rockland

Hi All.

I'll be in Rockland for 24 hours in mid-July before cruising on the Schooner Ladona. I want to make the right choice for my only dinner in town. I'm pesco-vegetarian (seafood only). And I love fresh seafood of any kind.

I also love sampling local fare and can be very adventurous with food as long as no meat. Don't think that will be a problem on the Maine coast. :):):)

Furthermore, I like the freshest possible ingredients, such as seasonal menus and LOCAL farm-to-table. I do not mind paying a premium for quality, but will be dinning solo, so candlelit ambience is not a priority. I do like places with a local, homey feel. But upscale dining is ok too.

So, does anybody have any suggestions for my perfect restaurant? It would also be cool to get suggestions for interesting local specialties or specific restaurant specialties to try out.

I'm staying At The Lindsey, downtown.

This is a special trip for me. Maybe you've got just the right tip to make it even more special. Thank you all very much.

Looking forward to your responses.

-scarltz

13 replies to this topic
WA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
11. Re: Best dinner for one night in Rockland

Very nice. Both of those are walkable and look like they have great potential. I've added them to my list for consideration. It'll be interesting to see where I end up.

In Good Company was my first choice...until I found out that's where we're having our bon voyage dinner the next night, right before we board the boat. Seems a shame to be in town only two nights and eat dinner at the same place twice. So it's great to have a couple of new extra possibilities.

Thank you both

WA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
12. Re: Best dinner for one night in Rockland

Howdy all. I'm checking back in with a big thank you and a mini report.

So I ended up eating at Miranda on Monday night because part of our sailing Adventure was to eat at In Good Company on Tuesday night.

I absolutely loved my dinner at Miranda. I ordered off the specials, not the regular menu. I got the haddock special. I can't remember the exact name of it but it was delicious. Haddock served with squash, some Italian peppers which I can't remember the name of, greens and garlic. All together covered with a light, very tasty soup-like sauce.

I was also quite impressed with In Good Company. They did an excellent job with our group of approx 20 people. We had the whole back room to ourselves and were served a five course meal including dessert and coffee. At this point, I can't remember all the courses, but I do remember savoring every bite of everything. Except the dessert, because I don't do sugar.

I hope my input can help somebody else make a good decision about where to eat while in Rockland. And as an aside, I really enjoyed Rockland. I love small towns with personality. The Lindsey B&B was nicely located and very welcoming and cozy.

Plus the cruise on Schooner Ladonna, including the food, was beyond perfect. It met and exceeded all my expectations. Highly recommended.

Level Contributor
6,573 posts
7 reviews
13. Re: Best dinner for one night in Rockland

I'd been wondering how your visit went, thanks for reporting back! My one visit to Café Miranda was lackluster, I'll have to try it again sometime.

Reply to: Best dinner for one night in Rockland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockland