We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must eat, hopefully at one place

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
Must eat, hopefully at one place

I am looking for a cafe, bistro, restaurant with table service that serves the Best:

LOBSTER (CRACKED)

BOSTON BAKED BEANS (extra points for brown bread)

BLUEBERRY PIE (Maine blueberries)

Any & all ideas welcome,

Betz

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

For the Boston baked beans, that is a dish that won't commonly be found on a restaurant menu nowadays. I'm not sure you'll find it easily in Maine.

I'm thinking maybe someplace like Durgin Park in Boston might have it because it is near the Freedom Trail and lots of Colonial era history, which draws visitors looking for that. If you're in the area, I would Google the menu and look.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

After turning 60, I decided I could pick my own nickname. Yes both are me.

Betz aka BettyBoop2u

Level Contributor
6,760 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

Eventide Oyster was serving baked beans as a side the night we were there, and they were excellent, but I don't see them on the menu so give them a call. Blueberry happened to be the "pie of the day", also.

www.eventideoysterco.com

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
192 reviews
4. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

As you are likely aware, blueberries aren't in season right now, so any pie will have been made with frozen. Hard to say in that case where the source may have been.

Lobster is EVERYWHERE!!!!! But baked beans? Hmmmm. Not so much.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,617 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

You realize that there's a major baked beans cannery in Portland - B&M Baked Beans. But that doesn't seem to translate into restaurant availability. If you'd like a can to take home, any supermarket can accommodate you.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

While I am not sure about the cracked lobster part, baked beans are definitely on the menu at the Maine Diner in Wells as both a side dish and a menu item:

http://mainediner.com/menu/

They also have pies, which vary each day. You could always call ahead.

7. Re: Must eat, hopefully at one place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Portland