We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
Restaurant Suggestions?

My husband and I will be flying in and out of Portland at the end of October. We're coming up from Florida. We've been there before, but it was a torrential downpour while we were in town, so we trekked as far as we could in the rain, but we admittedly didn't get to explore much. This time, we're staying just one night by the airport -- for an eaaaaarly flight out on Sunday. We'll be in Portland for the majority of the 27th -- which is our anniversary. We've tried Duck Fat before and Tomasso's Canteen. But that's it so far.

So, for the 27th -- lunch/snacks/dinner -- what recommendations do you have for restaurants? We would prefer to stay in the mid range and under -- UNLESS you have a high dollar place that is truly just knock your socks off. We like a variety of foods. Nothing really we stay away from. Faves are middle eastern, Mediterranean, new American, and just about all types of latin cuisine. Does not have to be fancy. Just amazing food. I'm talking the best thing you've ever eaten in your life amazing. Any suggestions?

10 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

The best food I've ever eaten in my life has been at Fore Street. http://www.forestreet.biz/

Maine
Level Contributor
769 posts
110 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

The Honey Paw in my opinion is outstanding. Street and Co for seafood. Boda for Thai( not your traditional thai.. very, very good)

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
351 posts
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

A slice of pizza from the back of Micucci's Italian Market makes a mighty fine meal.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
132 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Best pizza ive ever had. I only wish I had a grocery store like that near me.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Micucci's was an option -- on the list! Thank you!!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Porthole for lobster or lobster rolls

J’s for raw oysters

Gilbert’s for belly clams

The thirsty pig for hot dogs

My parents retired and moved north to Portland. They eat out all of the time

And have yet to find good pizza. They can’t wait to have pizza when they come back to Long Island ny. (And bagels too)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

Hey, bonniemaev, do you recall around how much dinner for two with wine would be at Fore Street? A ballpark estimate?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

$120 approximately.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

OK, not too bad. It's on the list! :o) Thanks.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

After reviewing the menu with the actual prices, I think it would be tough to get out of there for $120. Technically do-able, perhaps, but you would be limiting yourself. I would count on $200/couple if anyone is interested in going and don't want sticker shock.

EDIT: This is for Fore Street

Edited: 22 October 2018, 16:05
Reply to: Restaurant Suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portland