We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Maine

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1 post
240 reviews
Thanksgiving in Maine

We are thinking of celebrating Thanksgiving in Maine. We are a small family Adult group (3) and looking for an interesting & enjoyable time.

Is there someplace they go all out to celebrate?

I gather the weather is possible snow on the ground and or snow storms in the forecast. Anything else we should know?

What is there to do in and around the Portland area around this time?

5 replies to this topic
Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
192 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Maine

There are many great places to eat---my very favourite is about 20 minutes north of Portland, in Freeport----the Harraseeket Inn. All of the Portland hotels do Thanksgiving dinner, and many of the restaurants also. BE SURE TO BOOK EARLY! Last year I tried to get a booking for just 2 of us 4 days prior. I must have called 12 places before I finally found a table.

The day after Thanksgiving the Xmas tree lighting ceremony is pretty and fun. Great shopping in Portland, too.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,246 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Maine

Great restaurant advice above... but don't get your heart set for snow... given recent years' weather, it is possible, but not probable...

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Maine

Hi. I am also looking to book a thanksgiving dinner in Portland. Did you come up with anything interesting? Thank you. I also read The Inn By The Sea was excellent.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
192 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Maine

I've never had Thanksgiving at Inn by the Sea, but I've eaten lunch and dinner there many times and their food is very good. It's a lovely atmosphere, and of course you can walk the beach before or after dinner.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Maine

Thank you

Reply to: Thanksgiving in Maine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portland