We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morning coffee

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
morning coffee

not looking for a Starbucks or even any of the cream/syrup filled drinks, just looking for a kick in the pants eye opening cup of coffee to get my day started. Dark and rich, keep the sugar and cream far far away.

anything good around OOB?

oh, any good package stores...good i mean good prices. NH border store is probably best?

thanks!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: morning coffee

This chart shows that Bill's Pizza has Dunkin' Donuts coffee:

www.oldorchardbeachmaine.com/Dine_grid.htm

As to package stores, most grocery stores have beer, wine and liquor. The Hannaford in Saco is probably the closest big store.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: morning coffee

Walking down the strip towards the amusements, there is a Dunkin Donuts on your right.

About half way down the strip on the left is a little coffee shop

CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: morning coffee

Little coffe shop, thats a possibility, but Dunkin Donuts, I'd rather drink the left over water from the showers people use to wash the sand off their feet.

Maybe I'll bring my own.

hmmm, investment idea, coffee shop?

Edited: 29 June 2010, 17:55
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: morning coffee

I can't think of the name of the little coffee shop, but it is right in front of the new Thai place

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: morning coffee

I'm with you on Dunkin. How about Green Mountain Coffee? I like that and it's available at Beach Bagels, right on Old Orchard Street (about halfway down the hill, on the left if you're facing the ocean). Nice little place.

http://www.beachbagels.com/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: morning coffee

Kittygal...you rock! It was killing me because I couldn't remember the name! Thanks a million!

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: morning coffee

The price of liquor (not beer and wine) is regulated by the state. Technically, only the state can sell hard liquor but it can allow designated "agents" to do it for it. In practice, almost every large supermarket and many smaller ones are agents so you can buy booze there.

But the point is the price is always the same for hard liquor in every store except one: the discount liquor store in Kittery, which is not only cheaper than the agency stores but usually a few cents cheaper then the NH stores.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: morning coffee

touring: Is there still a liquor store in Kittery? I thought it went by the wayside when agency stores came into being. If it's still there, please let me know, because I miss those prices!

Granby, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: morning coffee

Beach Bagel Coffee is the best in OOB

www.beachbagels.com

Edited: 20 July 2010, 17:31
10. Re: morning coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach