We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping

buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
101 posts
camping

Any opinions on where to camp in OOB? Im not interested in busy, family type environment. I am looking for quieter, more secluded campground.

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
350 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: camping

The only choice for what you are looking for is the Wild Duck Campground. The other two major campgrounds are basically Orlando in Maine.

The Wild Duck is very small, mostly shady, not a lot of privacy between campsites but set in the woods on the edge of the Scarborough Marsh with stunning marsh views. If you're in a small trailer or pop up ask for a peninsula site. The only complaint I have is that you can hear the traffic passing on Rt. 1 at night, but my ear plugs fix that.

We spend a week there every fall and we only live 1/2 hour away!

Enjoy!

1 post
2. Re: camping

Silver springs is very quiet...in Saco

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
713 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: camping

Avoid Bayley's. We go there every year and love it, but it is exactly opposite of everything you are looking for!!

4. Re: camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach