We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must sees

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
37 posts
Must sees

Hi! We will be in Camden for 3 days in mid to late October. I am trying to compile a list of must see and do's. I know it will be cold. Any suggestions? Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Camden, Maine
Level Contributor
14 posts
73 reviews
11. Re: Must sees

As a Camdenite, I want to welcome you to our town. The state park is a good choice. Weather permitting, you should be able to go out on a sailboat, such as the Olad, through mid-October. We have a beautiful harbor-side park (where I was married), which is lovely to walk through or sit in on a nice day. (There is also a village green.) And there is always shopping in the boutique stores on our main street. (My favorite is Jo Ellen.)

Rockland (about 15 minutes south), has the Farnsworth Art Museum, which has a fine collection of works by Maine artists, particularly Andrew Wyeth. Rockland also has a Center for Contemporary Art.

As mentioned, the Transportation Museum is in Owl's Head, a bit further away. The lighthouses in Rockland and Owl's Head are open to visitors through Columbus Day.

A replica of the home of Revolutionary War General Henry Knox (later Secretary of War) is open to visitors in the summer; I don't know if it will be open in October. It is in Thomaston.

You can also check the local weekly, the Camden Herald, on line, to see if there are any events of interest.

Good luck!

Reply to: Must sees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camden