We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise, please..

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
406 posts
106 reviews
Advise, please..

Could you please advise me on these three places to stay...The Russell House (I understand its new & a B&B), Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Boothbay Harbor Inn? It will be at the very end of our NE trip; for one night; beginning of October. I've researched, but can't make a decision...if anyone would please give me opinions here...I'd greatly appreciate it.

Level Contributor
6,738 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Advise, please..

If you're staying just one night, Fisherman's Wharf is probably the more central location, walking distance to more shops & dining, and to Boothbay Ice Cream Factory which is a must after dinner.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Advise, please..

Russell House looks nice, but is out of town and would require driving to the shops and restaurants. It is closer to the Botanical Gardens and golf course. The other two are across the harbor from each other. Boothbay Harbor Inn is near the footbridge, so crossing into town would be easy.

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
406 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Advise, please..

Thank you both! ---I'm not really sure if it matters if we're near town & restaurants, as we will be coming from Bar Harbor that morning & will be making several stops along the way & using Boothbay Harbor as a halfway stay before heading to Freeport, then Ogunquit (our last night before going home). I have really considered The Russell House, esp. being new and great reviews; just not sure how I feel with no view , if it even matters. (??)

Any more advise/replies is welcome!

Edited: 24 June 2017, 01:39
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
403 posts
211 reviews
4. Re: Advise, please..

You want the view. A beautiful, working harbor. We like to stay at Brown's Wharf on the waterfront (upper floor) because of the balcony overlooking the water. Old and dated but spotlessly clean.

5. Re: Advise, please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2018, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor