We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Tea

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
High Tea

I would like to take the women in my family out for high tea. Any recommendations in Bangor or points east or northeast of Bangor?

Betz

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,544 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: High Tea

Is this a serious question???! When were you hoping to have this High Tea? I doubt very much you will find such an opportunity in Bangor, Maine or any points east or northeast. Maybe Canada. Maybe Tea with Eleanor at Campobello in the summer season, about a three hour drive from Bangor.

visitlubecmaine.com/events/…

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: High Tea

I think you are actually looking for an Afternoon Tea, which has Tea, scones, jams, sandwiches and pastries.

afternoontea.co.uk/information/…

High Tea is usually at the kitchen table and involves a mug of tea, bread, vegetables, cheese and meat. Also potatoes, pigeon, or veal pie, and crackers. More a meal for the working class.

We have had numerous Afternoon Tea's at the Harraseeket Inn in Freeport, ME when we stay at the Inn for fall foliage.

www.harraseeketinn.com/dining/afternoon-tea

Another place in Freeport is:

www.harraseeketinn.com/dining/afternoon-tea

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: High Tea

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I knew my Santa Rosa, California version of High Tea is not the proper British style that you suggest. What I regularly indulge in here at the Tudor Rose English Tea Room is pot of tea w/milk and, a choice pasties, sandwiches, scones w/clotted cream, pot pies, sausage roll, soup, salad, tarts and other yummy items. Of course the owner is a very proper English Lady. Tea is at 4 o'clock, but available earlier for those who choose to eat it as a luncheon. I have eaten the same on both sides of the pond.

Pinkies up,

Betz

Fayette, Maine
Level Contributor
99 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: High Tea

Circle K they have whoopie pies

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
5. Re: High Tea

Bangor is candlepin bowling and whoopie pies as jim d mentions. Probably Bar Harbor has some snooty faux English ladies but downeast its not de rigueur. However you can grab a bag of chips and a moxie and cruise by Stephen King´s house in Bangor...Or Sonny´s Tavern in Ellsworth would be the locals´ equivalent for afternoon refreshment.

6. Re: High Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2018, 15:15