We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family road trip pit stop

Appleton, Wisconsin
2 posts
Family road trip pit stop

We plan to stop in Lafayette on our way from WI to Kentucky. We are traveling with a 3 month old and 2.5 year old. Suggestions on hotels (kiddie pools?), family friendly restaurants, family friendly things to do?

4 replies to this topic
Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
1. Re: Family road trip pit stop

When are you traveling? By what route - I65?

This is only one of the many road construction projects happening on I65. www.in.gov/indot/3687.htm You should really take a look at INDOT's website to see all of them occurring, as well as the other road closures in the state.

If you look at the lower left hand side of this page, you'll see the "Top FAQs" section. Click on the choice for current traffic conditions. It will take you to the Traffic Condition page. Make your choice and learn.

If you are still going this route instead of another, please advise.

Perhaps you might want to reconsider different options.

Edited: 07 July 2018, 04:02
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 posts
2. Re: Family road trip pit stop

Yes, we had planned to take 65. Thank you so much for the heads up, greatly appreciated.

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
3. Re: Family road trip pit stop

Are you still going to take I65?

fw
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Family road trip pit stop

Since it's a college town, you'd want to pay attention to the college move in dates and game dates. These would affect the hotel availability and price.

Reply to: Family road trip pit stop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lafayette