We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langley Fort Royal room choices

Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Langley Fort Royal room choices

We're looking for a room with a nice view since we would spend a lot of time on our balcony, but away from the main hub for quieter times. Would you advise the beachfront bungalows or a room? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Langley Fort Royal room choices

First of all, prepare yourself that the Langley Ft Royal is not super new or fancy or really up to modern 'resort' caliber, but it is still a good choice to stay at for a variety of reasons you may have.

Based on your comments, I recommend the following...

1)Ocean view balcony rooms. I found the main hotel area to be oddly quiet and away from everything, but that sounds like what you are looking for.

2)Non-ocean front bungalow. They are set back and kind of out of the way. They have little patios, but I can't imagine using them when you are only 50 steps away from a true beach paradise.

3)Ocean front bungalow. Some people don't like that they have people walking in front of them since they share a boardwalk to the far beach. There is a small amount of separation and almost everyone will be looking out to sea as they pass by, but I'm thinking that would deal breaker for you.

This happens to be the exact reverse of my personal preferences, but I get that different people have different wishes.

If you are strictly looking for view, you might consider one of the little hotels up in the hills in the area like Rayon Vert which has a spectacular view of the ocean from their pool deck and outdoor restaurant. It is so small I wouldn't think there is any sense of a crowd at any time.

Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Langley Fort Royal room choices

Thanks so much. I appreciate your frank and honest opinion and recommendations.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
931 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Langley Fort Royal room choices

I agree with Electrical than Langley is not the newest or fanciest, but it does have some nice qualities: it sits in a beautiful location, the beaches are lovely (one beach is developed, the other is largely undeveloped), it has on-site activities like watersports, tennis, and a kids' club, it offers daily tours to various places all over the island, everyone speaks English (if that's important to you), and it is near to Deshaies.

The rooms that are listed as "sea view and balcony" face toward the developed beach and have a full-sized balcony with chairs. The rooms that are listed as "large room sea view" face toward the undeveloped beach and have French balconies, meaning they are not large enough to sit on. Views from both can be pretty spectacular, especially if you are on a high floor toward the far end of the hotel (away from reception). The little ocean-front bungalows are really cute and literally steps from the beach. But as Electrical notes, you will have some foot traffic going by - not a whole lot, but some.

Reply to: Langley Fort Royal room choices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Basse-Terre Island