We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weeklong stay near ORD

Norcross, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
weeklong stay near ORD

What's a good area to stay in for a week or two at a time, near (within 5-10 miles) the Ohare airport, that has stuff to do (dining or shopping or something) but is not too far away. I liked Schaumburg, but I think it's a little too far. Any other suburbs worth looking in - Des Plaines, Itasca, Oak Brook, somewhere else? Somewhere I could go outside and walk down the street is really what I'm looking for...Thanks!

Chicago Explorer Pass
183 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Special Offer
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament...
5 Reviews
from US$56.79*
US$74.08
Special Offer
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago...
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,774 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

Are you looking for a suburb with a hotel that has shopping/dining options within walking distance?

chicago
Level Contributor
9,454 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

Oakbrook is nice but I couldn't imagine staying there for more than a night. The suburbs are not great for walking, you need to stay downtown for that

Norcross, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

I don't need to be in walking distance of shopping/dining, I do have a car. More I like to run outside - I come up not just in the dead of winter =) For example, Schaumburg is full of sidewalks and bike trails...Schiller Park is not... and Mannheim Road is just not the place I want to run around outside at night. I think downtown is probably too far for me, and I think Schaumburg is too.. wondering if there's any other suburbs like that.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,774 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

Check rates at - www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/1/en/hotel/chigv

It's close to - http://www.theglentowncenter.com/

There are running trails in the area.

5. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 15:29
6. Re: weeklong stay near ORD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Schaumburg