We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should I buy this groupon?

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
should I buy this groupon?

I will be visiting Chicago for a few days, and saw a groupon to a restaurant in Lincoln Park. I was gonna buy it because I thought it would be an excuse to explore a different area of Chicago while getting some good cheap eats. is Lincoln Park worth exploring? How far is it from downtown? Many thanks.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should I buy this groupon?

lincoln park is rather big but basically it's about a 10 minute drive from the downtown area...so it's definitley worth exploring. It's got it's own zoo, plus several museums. The archbishop lives there so it's got that going for it--it's worth a stroll to see his mansion if you like architecture. If you want to reveal the restaurant that you are thinking about, we can tell you if it's a good choice.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should I buy this groupon?

It is called taco joint. Does the L go to Lincoln Park? Thanks again.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Like I said, Lincoln Park is big but yes, the el goes to west Lincoln Park. The bus is the better bet to go to east LP but I have no idea where the Taco Joint is. Go for it--it will be an adventure.

Chicago
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Haven't been there, but it's about 3 short blocks east of the Armitage Brown Line stop, so it's easy to get to via transit.

BTW - Seems like a decent deal. I may buy that. Groupons are a good excuse to try some place new.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 13:43
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Thanks again......One more question.....Where is a great pizza place that isn't bombarded with tourists? One that is in a fun area(lots of bars/ restaurants) would be a bonus, and able to get to with the L. Thanks one more time for your help.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,449 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should I buy this groupon?

piece is great for pizza, i also really like the pizzeria at osteria

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,962 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should I buy this groupon?

All pizza places are bombarded with tourist. Tourist think that pizza is our main menu choice. Try Lou Malnati's new location on Rush between Elm and Maple St.s. It's also a good bar area (the Hunt Club, Division St,....) the area is served by the Red Line subway ("L") at Division and Clark St.

http://www.tacojoint.com/press.php

Chicago
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Piece is an excellent option if you want to get out and see another neighborhood besides Lincoln Park. It's not Chicago style, but very good and they brew their own beer. All the major pizza places have places downtown. Personally, like Lou Malnati's and Giordano's far better than Uno's and Gino's.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,323 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Top Questions About Chicago - top right corner of this page. #2 is for you. Make sure you read the Groupon fine print and check the expiration date.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: should I buy this groupon?

Why buy a Groupon to a restaurant that could be hit or miss? Go to Lincoln Park if you want but instead research a place you'd truly want to not miss eating at.

I second Piece. Its white pizza is my favorite pizza in all of the city and their beer is great.