We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago

Dublin
8 posts
Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Hi

Will be visiting Chicago for the first time arriving November 4th. Just wondering if there are any suggestions on where best to watch the Breeders Cup horseracing that weekend. My partner is a horse racing fan and just want to know where is Chicago would be best to watch this. We are staying on South Michigan.

Many thanks.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
844 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Do you want to bet or just watch?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
304 posts
88 reviews
38 helpful votes
2. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Arlington Park has a Breeder's Cup special where you can watch and bet the races from their "million room." I can't imagine a better place in the Chicago area to watch the races. It is a bit pricey ($42) but includes breakfast and lunch and a table in one of nicest racing rooms in the country. (I'll be in Louisville watching it live!)

Go to the Arlington website it is a featured offer right now.

Dublin
8 posts
3. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Both beting and watching if possible. If thats not possible watching will do !

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
68,816 posts
64 reviews
142 helpful votes
4. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Trackside Chicago

901 W Weed St.

(312) 787-9600

http://www.arlingtonpark.com/node/473

Litchfield Park...
Level Contributor
358 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

You can watch from the comfort of your hotel if you want. The Friday races are on ESPN2, and the Saturday races are split between ABC and ESPN. I like to bet the races in the A.M. early P.M. at the local OTB and then come home to watch in the comfort of my home. The closest OTB's to your location woukld be the Weed St. location mentioned above, or closer yet 540 N. LaSalle St. 312/644-4477. If you would like to mix some live racing with the Breeders Cup head out to Hawthorne in the near west suburb of Cicero. http//www.hawthorneracecourse.com

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
287 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago
Save

Go to Arlington, if you have never been there. We went there during the Derby and it was alot of fun. Even made a little $$.

7. Re: Watching Breeders Cup horseracing in Chicago

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.