We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckingham Fountain

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buckingham Fountain

Is the fountain on yet? I know this is the last year before the renovations begin, so I am hoping to see it all summer!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham Fountain

I haven't been near the fountain recently and don't have the answer to your question. Sorry. If you telephone the Chicago Park District I'm assuming someone in the central office there will tell you if it is, or when it will be.

For people reading this discussion who aren't familiar with the fountain, click on the link that follows - to learn more than you'd expect to ever know about this fantastic attraction in Chicago:

chicagoparkdistrict.com/index.cfm/fuseaction…

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham Fountain

I just went past it this evening around 6:30pm and it was not on. When they do turn it on, it runs until 10 or 11 pm so I don't think they've turned it on yet.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham Fountain

The fountain is supposed to be on April through November 1st. Light shows begin every hour on the hour and last about 20 minutes, beginning at dusk until 10:00 p.m.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
520 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham Fountain

It just turned on May 2nd--until mid October.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buckingham Fountain

Thanks to everyone who responded!!

Boro
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buckingham Fountain

Where is the fountain located, is it worth a trip to see?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buckingham Fountain

It's at Congress Blvd. and Columbus Drive, between the Art Institute and the Field Museum.

8. Re: Buckingham Fountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:22