We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage at/near Millennium Park?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Storage at/near Millennium Park?

My wife and I will be visiting Chicago next week and need to find a place to store a few small boxes from shopping while ice skating at Millennium Park in the evening, any ideas? It appears the lockers at the bike center are for long term members/renters only; I don’t really want to walk to Union Station or one of the other museums (Shedd, Science & Industry) for a short skating session. Are there any lockers at the rink itself or in the Metra Millennium Station? I thought about using a bag/coat check at a nearby hotel, any suggestions / insights on that idea? Also, any recommendations for the safest route back to the Blue Line after dark (around 8:00 p.m. on a weekday) from Millennium Park? I certainly appreciate your help, thank you.

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Storage at/near Millennium Park?

In hopes that it will help someone else who reaches this thread through a forum search, I'll answer my own question (No replies? Where's the love Chicago Advisors???). The McCormick Tribune Ice Skating Rink has a block of public lockers available to rent inside the skate rental facility, to the left of the counter. The lockers are coin operated (four quarters). Each closing/opening costs $1, in other words you can't open and close the locker repeatedly with the key without paying the rental fee again. The lockers are pretty good sized and deep, probably 12" x 12" x 24"; we had no problem stuffing several large bags in the locker with some careful arranging. I would even use these for short term storage while visiting downtown Chicago or Millennium Park in general if you didn't want to carry your purse/briefcase/purchases, etc. with you while walking. The Palmer House Hilton is just two blocks away, though I didn't try, I'm sure they have a bag check they would be happy to let you use, remember to tip the attendant/bellman if you do so. See my attraction review for more information on the Rink itself.

2. Re: Luggage Storage at/near Millennium Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 10:26