We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Boise

Ventura, California
9 posts
Moving to Boise

Hello,

I'm strongly considering moving to Boise in January 2017. I'm single, young 50ish, progressive, love nature, to name a few details. I enjoy being near unique places to eat and shop. Does anyone have tips on what neighborhoods would be good to look for a moderately priced, but nice apartment?

Thanks!

Sharon

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
529 reviews
1. Re: Moving to Boise

More information is needed...Why the move, interests??

Ventura, California
9 posts
2. Re: Moving to Boise

I plan on visiting Boise soon. I'm interested in moving there because of the quality of life it offers at an affordable cost. I love the outdoors - hiking, biking, walking - as well as urban offerings. It's also has a milder climate than I had in my hometown of Minnesota. I also like the Native American history of the area.

As I said in the original post: I'm single, young 50ish, progressive, love nature, to name a few details. I enjoy being near unique places to eat and shop.

Idaho
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Moving to Boise

Boise is the gateway to exceptional recreational opportunities. Hiking, biking and fishing are popular activities right in the metro area, accessed by miles of greenbelt along the Boise River. The foothills provide trails for hikers and bikers of all abilities. Here is a link to the Boise Chamber of Commerce website for relocation information http://www.boisechamber.org/relocation.

There are several apartment options around the Boise area. You would enjoy the area north of Boise for access to the interests you mentioned. You can try this website to start your apartment research https://www.apartmentlist.com/id/boise.

Ventura, California
9 posts
4. Re: Moving to Boise

Thanks for your response!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
137 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Moving to Boise

What is considered moderately priced to you? Apartment rent has gone up in the past two years because of demand. A nice one to two bedroom could be between $700-$900 depending on the area. craigslist actually has a lot of posting for apartments and you could search using the map feature. Downtown and Hyde Park off 13th St will offer the most dining and shopping options but are also going to be the most expensive. There are some places at the base of Bogus Basin that would allow you to be close to the ski hill and hiking and a 15 minute bike ride to the Boise River.

Ventura, California
9 posts
6. Re: Moving to Boise

Thanks, Melissa. I really appreciate your input. Under $1,000 is what I am aiming to spend for rent. I will check out your suggestions.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
723 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Moving to Boise

Try city-data website. It's nationwide, but you can easily drill down to Idaho and Boise. Lots of threads from people asking and answering the same thing you're wondering about. Here's a link.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/idaho/

Ventura, California
9 posts
8. Re: Moving to Boise

Thank you TravelingManVan! I will check out your suggestion. The website should be helpful to learn more about anywhere that I may want to move (I'm still in the deciding phase). I really appreciate this tip! A side note: I just got back from a very quick trip to Boise and thought it would be a good fit for me, but as I mentioned above, I'm checking out other cities as well.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
529 reviews
9. Re: Moving to Boise

We love Boise, just there yesterday..Worth the 2 1/2 hour drive.

Ventura, California
9 posts
10. Re: Moving to Boise

What are some of the things you like to do in Boise?

Get answers to your questions about Boise