We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Husband and I (active seniors) are starting our northwest road trip by flying into Boise on Friday and staying 2 nights before heading to Helena and glacier national,park. We will have all of Saturday August 25 to enjoy and explore Boise?

Are there any festivals, rodeos, musical/theater shows on Saturday? What museums, parks, etc would you recommend? Where would you take your out of town visitors?

We are staying at Hampton inn on s, Capitol and will have a car.

Any lunch or dinner suggestions? We enjoy casual local restaurants and diners.

11 replies to this topic
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
401 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

A couple active farmers markets starting at 9am. Eagle fun days.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

What are eaglefu days?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

What kind of food do you like..i am a totally foodie and love to go to Boise and EAT!! Let me know, and i can help. The farmers markets downtown are fun. I think that you can also rent tubes and float the river.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

i googled it and there is a bar crawl, that sounds fun, as downtown Boise is a great place. And there is a concert...Love Boise, great place. Check out the Botanical Gardens.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
401 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Sorry Syracuse eaglefundays is going on now. You'd miss it. The Idaho fair runs Aug 17th to 26th. Charley has some good suggestions.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Thanks for the suggestions. We’re not bar crawl people but do enjoy good food. Actually we enjoy finding local diner style restaurants. Not into sushi or Thai ( our kids tell us we’re boring). Seafood, steak, comfort food. As we’re traveling, we’re dont need huge portions to have leftovers.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

i was just reading what google said was happening!! Downtown is still very cool. Juniper has great food, Wild Roots is local and i LOVE eating there, only breakfast and lunch. Barbacoa is wonderful for happy hour, 2 for 1 drinks, so if you like a VERY nice drink, you get one for free. One of the nicest restaurants in Boise, on a lake, and has nice food. You can google the menus..

Boise, Idaho
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Idaho Shakespeare Festival is great fun!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm curious that no one mentioned the Basque Museum. The admission is only $4 so I'm guessing its not a super sophisticated hi-tech museum, but is it worth seeing?

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?

I can honestly say I’ve never heard anything about it. The basque history is interesting and in ketchum each year, they have “ Trailing if the Shetp”. Sheep go thru town, parades, lamb specials at the restaurants. Any reviews on the Internet??

Reply to: What to do in Boise on Saturday August 25?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boise