We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Educational and fun things around boise area?

1 post
Educational and fun things around boise area?

I am bringing a bunch of high schoolers there for a robotics competition in march. Some of them have been there before, and we've done the usual college tour, discovery center...what else is there to do?

HELP!

16 replies to this topic
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
530 reviews
11. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

My view, only mine, is if you are advertising on TA..would be very suspicious on why...can't you do this without breaking the rules..on come on now...you know what you are insinuating...and maybe business is not good and you need this...

Idaho
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

Thank you Boise_Bicycle_Tours for your suggestions.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
530 reviews
13. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

i am surprised, not, that IT is endorsing someone who has gotten taken off TA for advertising..

Idaho
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

Apologies, the post looks like suggestions for things to do in the Boise area..

"Might I also suggest a tour of the state capitol, a walk through freak alley, a visit to the Basque Museum, a trolley tour, Ann Frank Memorial, MK nature center, art museum, black history museum, history museum, historical walking tour of downtown." or the suggestion of a bicycle tour.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
530 reviews
15. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

As before, Idaho Tourism, you just didn't read the whole post...And please keep up on what is going on on the Idaho forum...This whole post should be taken down...

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
25,045 posts
112 reviews
16. Re: Educational and fun things around boise area?

Here are a couple of links to TA guidelines on posting.

"TripAdvisor’s Travel Community is intended to provide advice for fellow travelers, not to advertise a service or business."

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Next guideline:

"We welcome members to recommend and critique services in our forums, but please do not sell or promote your business.

You can:

-Include links to travel-related commercial or personal sites, as long as you do not receive an incentive for doing so, and you are not affiliated with the sites in any way.

-Participate in a discussion related to your business or a competitor's business, but you must clearly state your affiliation as a representative. Our members are entitled to this information so that they can be aware of any potential bias in your comments. A simple statement like, "Hi, I'm John from XYZ Tours," is sufficient disclosure.

Join a conversation that is NOT directly related to your business...

https:/…200613717

If someone's TA name is their business name then they can't advertise what they are offering in their posts no matter how obliquely.

Reply to: Educational and fun things around boise area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boise