We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sliding Rock Cabins

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sliding Rock Cabins

Has anyone used Sliding Rock Cabins? We are looking at "Porch Music Cabin" and hoped for a few reviews before booking.

Thanks

75 replies to this topic
Brunswick, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
71. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Jim, I just happened upon your post(s) and just thought I would put in my two cents. I am not a "regular" poster on TA, however I have reviewed more than one provider. I have rented from SRC once, last fall, and have just booked my second visit. They were great to deal with, and the cabin was great, comfortable, clean, and exactly as described. I would recommend that you NOT rent from SLC, as they do not deserve comments such as yours. Some customers simply cannot be pleased.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Well, I am not a relative or a first time TA poster. I am however, a Travel Agent, and I can tell you that SLR offers the best cabins around! We do have our absolute favorite, and have booked with SLR for over 6 years for our yearly Georgia Happy Place! I have always found the staff pleasant to work with. Our cabin is always clean and welcoming. While I book cruises, I would certainly recommend SLR for any client, friend, or family that was looking for a great vacation in the Georgia Mountains!

Oviedo, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Because there doesn't seem to be any recent reviews of 13 Crows, here is ours. We stayed late September 2016.

PROS: The cabin was exactly as described and pictured, and wonderfully decorated. Kitchen was well stocked, as we ate in every night (4 nights). Very private back porch/deck area. Enjoyed exploring the antique shops in downtown Ellijay, as well as Amicalola Falls State Park. Especially loved visiting the Engelheim Vineyards. CONS: The biggest disappointment and reason we would not return to this particular Sliding Rock cabin is the neighbor’s dogs. The guest notebook let us know not to worry about “Niko” the Rottweiler, but didn’t mention his other two dog friends. Since the back area is steep, we wanted to walk our dog on the gravel road out in front of the driveway, but they all three came running toward us, and one was not as friendly. Our lab was on a leash, but there are NO leash laws here, so they were running loose at random times. It would have been nice to have known that this could be an issue. Another reason we ate in every night is that I wouldn’t want to have driven the 3 miles on the gravel road to the cabin at night, let alone after enjoying a glass of wine somewhere! The lighting in some areas of the cabin was not very good, and the creek was not as active as I would have liked, but I understand it’s been dry recently. Overall, the cabin was what we were looking for, but the location for us wasn’t the best.

Edited: 19 October 2016, 15:39
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

JimGinAtlanta, Everyone has a first time. Why are you such a doubter? We've stayed at Sliding Rock Cabins since 2003 and have never felt they were anything but honest and hardworking...wanting to do their best for their guests. I used to work at a tour company. When Facebook became popular, we passed out cards asking people to post about their experience.

Edited: 05 June 2017, 01:49
Lewis Center, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
121 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Stayed at Highland's cottage in July 2017. It was a nice cabin for just the two of us and we really enjoyed the screened in porch because it rained every day. We could not use the fire pit or even walk down to the back yard because it was just wet clay/mud due to no grass down there or stepping stones. The pics online are not updated. There is no leather furniture in the living room (it is fabric) so beware of this if you bring your pets. The "game room" with the pool table was also not there. It was a second sitting room/den with a leather reclining loveseat and a second TV (which my hubby loved!). I emailed slidingrock cabins to remind them to update their listing on their website so future renters would know what they have now, but 2 months later and it still isn't updated. It didn't matter to us because we did not bring our pets (thank God) and we enjoyed the second TV over the pool table. The staff did seem friendly, the directions were accurate, it as fairly secluded and quiet, and the process of reserving and getting into the cabin was easy. I would stay with slidingrock cabins again but would pick a cabin on the river next time (and not so high up on the mountain which caused sever anxiety when driving it). They also give a 10% discount for military and first responders (which my husband and I both are).

Reply to: Sliding Rock Cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay
More Ellijay Topics