We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sliding Rock Cabins

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sliding Rock Cabins

Has anyone used Sliding Rock Cabins? We are looking at "Porch Music Cabin" and hoped for a few reviews before booking.

Thanks

75 replies to this topic
Bainbridge, Ga.
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Hi lovetotravel77! My parents, husband and myself just stayed at Porch Music and WHAT A CABIN!! The accommodations are so luxurious and we felt like we were staying in a cabin that should be featured in Southern Living magazine. This was our 8th stay with Sliding Rock and they are the best in the business. They are very friendly, very accommodating and are the best in the business in my opinion. Trust me - once you stay with them, like myself, you don't want to stay with another rental company!! Have fun!

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Thanks Nonni09! I already booked and can't wait!

Brentwood , TN
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

we are staying this weekend at "Moonshadow" and are wondering about this rental company as well. Never been to the area but are excited to get a few days away with the dogs and hubby.

Bainbridge, Ga.
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Hi coolrun2 - as I told luvtotravell77, we have stayed with Sliding Rock Cabins 8 different times and have never been dissapointed! I have not rented Moon Shadow, however, I can't imagine it not being as wonderful as all the other cabins we have rented in the past. Your pets will feel just as comfy as your family - I know mine did and didn't want to go home! Hope this helps.....

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

My husband I decided at the last minute a weekend getaway to a cabin early August 2009. The representive who made our reservations was very pleasant and accommodating for our last minute decision. After we spoke to her we ended up not bringing our dog. We have stayed at Sliding Rock Cabins twice before and enjoyed our stay. This time was not enjoyable at all.

We stayed at the Creekside cabin and I was truly disappointed that the cabin was not clean. Although it looked clean at first sight. It was not! I was not able to call the emergency number since I could not locate the phone. (It was hidden behind the curtains.)

I pulled back the blankets on the bed and found old bloodstains on the sheets. I removed the sheets and put on the sheets that I brought with me and put the comforter back on the bed. During the night I ended up with pet hair in my eye. It was red and swollen from the irritation. Once I looked at the comforter it too had tons of pet hair. There was also pet hair on the floor like tumble weeds in the corners of the room.

The next day had to clean the cabin enough to be comfortable for the time we were there. I washed the comforter so that I could put it back on the bed. We did not sit on the sofa since it also had pet hair.

I called on 8/11/09 to complain and spoke to manager. She told me there was nothing she could do since we completed our stay. I felt her response was very inconsiderate and very bad business. She offered nothing for our inconvenience or my cleaning services.

I truly appreciate the fact that Sliding Rock Cabins does not charge for pets but this was unacceptable. I have recommended Sliding Rock Cabins in the past, but I will not recommend these cabins to friends or colleagues in the future.

Ellijay, GA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

I am from Sliding Rock Cabins and am the person who received the called August 11th and spoke to the guest who stayed at Creekside on Aug 7 & 8 departing on the 9th.

I hated to hear that the cabin was not up to what the guest came to expect from us based on their prior stays. The problem with receiving a call 2 days after a guest's departure is that there is absolutely no way to fix the problem in a timely manner. On our driving instructions, on a card in the cabin and on the refridgerator we ask that guests call us immediately if the cabin is not clean to their satisfaction or if something is not working properly. I would have been more than happy to send someone out to reclean the cabin to the guests satisfaction.

By the time we received the call, there was no way to fix the problem. The cabin had already been cleaned on the 9th and guests arrived for a five night stay. As of today we have not received any calls from the 2 subsequent guests, though we did receive a review from the prior guest who rated the cleaning a 5 out of 5.

All that to say, we try very hard to provide a clean, comfortable relaxing stay. We are not perfect and do make mistakes all we ask is that we are given the chance to rectify the situation in a timely manner.

Sliding Rock Cabins

Bainbridge, Ga.
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Can't please all the time, huh? There's always someone in the bunch that wants to nit pit.

Bainbridge, Ga.
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

sorry - that was supposed to read nit pick - not nit pit! LOL

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

We've used SlidingRock several times. The quality of service has slowly gotten worse and worse. The cabins used to be all very nice and well maintained. But as the company expanded to more and more cabins the quality of service just seems to move in the opposite direction.

We stayed in a place with several problems that we requested a repair on from the moment we arrived...and 4 days later they still didn't work. The management of the cabins was very rude to us about them afterward when we complained that they were unresponsive. I plan on be unresponsive to my urge to go to Ellijay again, because I will never use Sliding Rock Cabins again.

10. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 20:20

Reply to: Sliding Rock Cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay
More Ellijay Topics