We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
163 posts
61 reviews
Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

We are visiting Tarpon Springs for one afternoon. Planning to walk around the Sponge Docks and also want to eat at a good Greek restaurant.

So many choices.. What are your favorites?

Will have a car, so location is flexible. Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

The choice of locals is Mykonos on Dodecanese Blvd. Owner Andreas is almost always there to keep an eye on things. This is where I take my friends from Greece who always say the food is authentic and great. Avgolemono soup (hearty chicken soup with orzo and lemon) is outstanding as is the grilled seafood platter. Looks like a Greek taverna; serves wine and beer. Other harder to find gem is Limanos on the Anclote River tucked away behind a souvenir shop near Odyssey river cruise. Great gyros and souvlaki.

Edited: 13 February 2017, 14:54
Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

The choice of locals is Mykonos on Dodecanese Blvd. Owner Andreas is almost always there to keep an eye on things. This is where I take my friends from Greece who always say the food is authentic and great. Avgolemono soup (hearty chicken soup with orzo and lemon) is outstanding as is the grilled seafood platter. Looks like a Greek taverna; serves wine and beer. Other harder to find gem is Limanos on the Anclote River tucked away behind a souvenir shop near Odyssey river cruise. Great gyros and souvlaki.

Edited: 13 February 2017, 14:54
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
163 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

Thank you JoanJ!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
163 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

JoanJ, thank you again for your suggestion of Mykonos.

We really enjoyed our dinner there! The place was packed, but we got a table in the back.

The service was good and the food was excellent!

2 posts
5. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

parking for a 350 pick-up truck ???

2 posts
6. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

parking for a 350 pick-up truck ???

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?

No guarantees because it's high season here but there is a free parking lot behind Mykonos. A bit difficult to spot the entrance. There are other large parking lots right next door but they charge $3.

Reply to: Favorite restaurant in Tarpon Springs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tarpon Springs
More Tarpon Springs Topics