We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Kite rental company

London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
46 reviews
Emerald Kite rental company

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of or used this company for vacation rentals before?

http://emeraldkite.com/florida-united-states/

If so, any feedback on them would be appreciated...

Kind regards,

Candice

44 replies to this topic
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

I just answered this same question from another person on the Longboat Key forum. The brief answer is: no, I'm not familiar with them; it's a totally new name for me. There are quite a few established house and condo rental agencies for the Sarasota area but this either new or not well-known. If you do choose to rent from them, I'd demand to know the name and exact address of the property, and then put out a new post asking for comments from members of this forum.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

I agree. I would be very careful with vacation rental companies.

The one you mentioned is based in Michigan:

http://emeraldkite.com/contact/

If you are looking for something in the Sarasota area, I would use a local company.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Emerald Kite company but...

In the past, I have seen visitors from overseas get burned on misleading advertisting on rentals.

If a deal sounds to be good to be true, it probably is.

You want to be able to communicate with someone if there is a problem or questions.

JMHO.

What area are you interested in? There are many locations to choose from..

~SRQgirl

Edited: 31 January 2015, 13:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Thank you both for the feedback.

We're looking at Anna Maria Island in March but we're restricted to certain dates and with peak snow-bird season and specific requirements ie. house with private pool close-ish to the beach, I can't find anything available with the on-island realtors (I've tried them all!).

I came across Emerald Kite who have a lot of properties on their books - sadly their website hasn't updated availability calendars but the email contact I've had with them has been fine (it just so happens they don't have anything available either...!).

Back to the drawing board...!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply...

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
179 reviews
4. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

March is the most expensive and most crowded time of year.

Are you thinking abut AMI this March 2015?? If that is the case, many places are already booked...as you already know.

~SRQgirl

Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 posts
5. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Yep! know that company well. They are Coast 2 Coast Vacation Rentals, great business, used them many times. They recently redesigned their web site and are undergoing a major branding campaign.... Watch out for their TV ads!! great agents, my go to agent over there is sally.

Edited: 07 February 2015, 02:05
Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 posts
6. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Candice. call sally she is by far the best agent for locating those hard to find properties. call 800 657 8966 as I don't have her cell (I used to). Problem is there are more guests than properties for key weeks, still if anyone can get you in call sally

Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 posts
7. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

yes, like mentioned there branding and putting out major advertising. look for them under coast 2 coast vacation rentals, same company new branding

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
8. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Hi Candice. I just stayed at an Emerald Kite property on Longboat Key. Beach place, right on the beach. Great property and very good service from Emerald Kite. Yes they are Coast 2 Coast but changed their web site, looks totally different. Also you are soooo better using their services they represent most of the management companies and do a great job of advising customers which properties are better- sort of unbiased opinion. Hope you find a place……

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Emerald Kite is Coast 2 Coast. Used their services while finding properties in Vail, good company and I found their customer service pretty good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
46 reviews
10. Re: Emerald Kite rental company

Many thanks to all for the excellent feedback, this is most appreciated...

Reply to: Emerald Kite rental company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarasota