We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay for one night?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay for one night?

We live in Naples (so have great beaches, wonderful restaurants etc.), but we thought it might be pleasant to drive over to Sanibel for our anniversary. Haven't been there in more than 35 years. I know that most of the accommodations are condos, but since it'll be only one night, we much prefer a hotel.

Can someone recommend an upscale hotel (doesn't need to be luxurious) that's on a great beach? Would much prefer accommodations that aren't swarming with kids; would love something quiet and relaxing. Not interested in shopping at all, but if we can find suitable accommodations, I'll be back to ask about restaurants (again: quiet and excellent)

Thanks in advance.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay for one night?

Song of the Sea is geared toward Adults, kids are allowed however. My friends stayed there last year and enjoyed it.

Most places will have kids - but the motels you can book for one night are Sanibel Inn, Seaside Inn, Holiday Inn, Island Inn, West Wind Inn, Sunset Beach Resort.

Casa Ybel and Tween Waters ( Captiva ) might be good options as well. If I was going for one night with my hub, I would probably try SOS and Tweenies.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay for one night?

Ditto the above!

florida
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay for one night?

ok-- thanks!

4. Re: best place to stay for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:42