We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

We are travelling to St Pete in Aug (can't wait the rain never stops here). We will have a car, but don't want to be driving to Orlando to visit a theme park. I tried looking at Amtrak and Greyhound but their schedules aren't great, as far as I could see they don't have day return. Any locals out there know of any other bus/rail services servicing from Tampa to Orlando (would have to be wheelchair accessible)..

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

You won't like to hear this, but driving the car will be much, much easier. If you leave ouside of rush hour, it will take less than two hours to Disney from St Pete Beach. I-275 to I-4. The Magic Kingdom is about 65 miles from Downtown Tampa.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

Drive the car. It will save you hours! It's an easy drive.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

Actually, Busch Gardens would be much closer. It is in Tampa.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

Thanks for the input, might drive so, are the theme on the way into Orlando or the other side of Orlando. Yeah was thinking of going to Busch also. Thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

The theme parks are before getting to the downtown Orlando area.

6. Re: Rail/bus day return service from Tampa area to Orlando.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg
Recent Conversations