We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crab legs

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Crab legs

Where are the best crab legs in St. P/Clearwater area? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crab legs

My vote is for Sheppards on Clearwater Beach. It's an amazing all-you-can-eat buffet where the crab legs are but one feature. Long lines on weekends and this time of year, but if you go away hungry it's your own fault!!

Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
9,999 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crab legs

Mbruce, do you know that crab legs are not local to this area? We get them frozen, just like you do. Of course, if you love them, you will just want to eat them any time, any place. :-)

But, since you like crab, you might want to try Stone Crab Claws. These are a local delicacy that will be in season til mid-May. They are served warm or cold (but much better cold), with melted butter or a mustard sauce. Simply delicious, and available at most seafood restaurants!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crab legs

I agree, save frozen alaska crab for when you are home. I like it too, but when I want it in FL I buy it from Plublix and servie it at home for a fraction of the price ;-)

Here in FL eat the Stone crab claws, the blue crabs, the gulf shirmp, the fresh grouper and snapper etc.

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crab legs

Thanks. You are making me hungry. I just might do both.

5. Re: Crab legs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:15