We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Hotel

PORT ST. L
3 posts
1 review
Kid Friendly Hotel

My husband and son are looking to attend a game at Tropicana Field. We have never been and honestly, I would love input of where the best place to stay would be. I don't want them staying in a bad section of town, but they are only literally going to the room to lay their heads down at night. Can you please advise what sections we should look at and where to steer clear of? They will only be there one night - so amenities are not important - really just looking at safety. Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
283 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Kid Friendly Hotel

Are they driving up and need parking? Plenty of the standard chains around the highway. If in downtown St. Pete check Hampton Inn downtown, Hyatt Place, the Hilton bayfront and Indigo.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,945 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Kid Friendly Hotel

While I don't think you'd be un-safe in the downtown area, there may be parts of downtown that are less comfortable than others. Accordingly, I would recommend the following: Ponce de Leon, Hampton Inn, or Hilton Bayfront. These are probably in the $150-$225 range per night. For a real treat, try the Renaissance Vinoy, which is probably around $300 per night, but I understand that this is where the visiting team stays.

Tropicana Field is a 7 minute taxi ride from downtown. Enjoy the game, and if they want to see the "Ray's Tank" out in centre field, get there before the 7th inning, as they close the tank to visitors around that time.

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Kid Friendly Hotel

Expand your search to St. Pete Beach for hotels. For kids, it puts the beach right behind your hotel.

It's a 15-minute car ride from the beach to Tropicana Field.

But you'll be fine staying at any major hotel downtown. Either spot is nice.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Kid Friendly Hotel

For one night, the Staybridge Suites would be perfect. Just across the highway from the Trop. A 2 minute uber ride.

ihg.com/staybridge/…hoteldetail

Reply to: Kid Friendly Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg
Recent Conversations