We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night at st pete

Eagle Grove, Iowa
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
1 night at st pete

My husband and I will be flying into St Pete landing around 9pm on Friday June 22nd. We are looking for recommendations for 1 night to stay as the remainder of our stay will be at Siesta Key. Our place is not available until Saturday. Where would be a clean and inexpensive place to stay?

7 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night at st pete

I assume you are landing at PIE. Frankly, with that late of an arrival, I would probably suggest stay the night near the airport, and then you can just jump on I295 from there and head down to Siesta Key. Plenty of hotels near PIE at all different price points.

Eagle Grove, Iowa
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night at st pete

Is there places to grab a quick bite to eat? Any specific hotel better than the other?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night at st pete

As you exit PIE, turn left on Roosevelt and follow it to the lights (Ullmerton). Turn left (east) on Ullmerton. Hotels in the immediate vicinity are: Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Hampton, Comfort inn, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites, Super 8, Courtyard Marriott. My personal preference would be the Courtyard, but you might find the Sleep Inn or Super 8 a bit cheaper.

Not sure which restaurants will be open at that hour. There is a Cracker Barrel, but they might close early. The Courtside Grill may or may not still be open, as it is a sports bar. You might end up at B. King, Wendy's , or McD, or grabbing a pizza to go at Papa Johns. In any event, you won't starve.

http://courtsidegrille.com/

You can just hop on nearby I275 in the morning. Travel time to Siesta Key will be just over an hour, and there is only one toll on the Skyway. They take cash.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 15:29
St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night at st pete

http://www.aviatorstavern.com/index.php located inside the holiday inn on Ulmerton is open till 11 pm

http://courtsidegrille.com/location/ off Ulmerton, serves till midnight on Fridays.

Holiday Inn rates via trip advisor $99

Spring Hill suites $108

All of the hotels in previous post are a few minutes from the airport and easy access to I-275 S for the next morning.

Eagle Grove, Iowa
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night at st pete

If we have navigation to guide us, is it difficult navigating at night time? After thinking it through, I wouldn't mind driving and staying somewhere by Sarasota. We are wanting to do the farmers market Saturday morning.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
219 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night at st pete

Getting from PIE to Sarasota isn't too difficult especially with navigation. Consider how tired and hungry you may be however.

Eagle Grove, Iowa
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night at st pete

We have a short flight. 3 hours at the most. I think we will give it a try :)

Reply to: 1 night at st pete
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg