We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

We're coming to johns pass for a boat trip in April I think it'll be 11-1. We then plan to head up to Clearwater for sunset. Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch on the way. Either at johns pass or as we're driving up? We came about 8 years ago and ate at a lovely restaurant on the canal but can't remember the name so any help with anywhere would be gratefully received.

Mentioned in this post
8 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

The Conch Republic in N. Redington. It's not on a canal but a very popular restaurant. They have a website.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 21:21
New Jersey
Level Contributor
129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

I always enjoy having lunch at Guppy's on the Beach, Indian Rocks. It's across the street from the beach with a great outside eating area.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

Thank you will have a look

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

What was the restaurant like? Upscale, seafood? Salt Rock is located on the inner coastal on the drive up from John's Pass.

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

Just quite regular food nothing fancy but I remember it being nice with a lovely setting. Guess I just want some ideas of where does good food as otherwise I'll panic and go to the first place that looks busy!!

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

Guppy's is nice and has great food! Watch the crowds in Clearwater! it will be busy

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

There are many restaurants at John's pass, just south of that and Salt Rock or the smaller, family run Aqua would be good options. Aqua has many specials but Salt Rock has the views-from inside or out. I agree that Clearwater will be crowded, unsure of price options but if you're craving seafood or local fare, all of the other posters have provided nice options to you. Enjoy your boat and lunch trips.

Mentioned in this post
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater

Wahoos. The name like the tacos place, but definitely not the same food. Grouper was the best we have had in the area. Fresh off the boat. It is in Redington shores.

Edited: yesterday, 15:21
Reply to: Place for lunch between johns pass and Clearwater
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted