We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game

Hi all,

We're staying in Treasure Island for a couple of nights in May and i'm looking to go to Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game one evening.

Based on what I've seen so far, i assume getting an Uber would be the best option? My question is, are any areas zoned off after the game and is it easy to get an Uber / other transport back? Do you have to go to a certain area to pick them up / and are there regular taxis around?

I've been on Uber Estimate and see it's around $11-14 (I assume more when a game is on) but wasn't sure how much a traditional taxi would be.

TIA,

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana Field
Tropicana Field
1,966 Reviews
St. Petersburg, FL
3 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game

Check with Bats Taxi website to get a quote. Alternatively, you can take the Trolley south from Treas. Island to 75th Street and change to the Central Ave. Trolley which will take you to one block fromTropicana . Field.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
427 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game

Uber will be cheaper than a cab. They may have a designated area for drop offs and pick ups. There are plenty of Tropicana employees to ask and they will be able to direct you. If you're not in a rush to get back to the beach after, check out Ferg's after the game. It's a sports bar located across from the Trop.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game

I know that free beach rides cannot pick up in St Pete proper. If they get caught, there is a big fine. I assume the ride sharing options are the same, but I am not sure. That is something I would research.

Reply to: Transport to and from Tropicana Field for a TB Rays game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted