We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
115 reviews
Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

My husband and I will be meeting up in the St. Pete area with a few family members who will also be in town in January. I've been trying to research some places where we can meet up so we can have conversation without being drowned out by noise, or tvs, etc. My husband also has an eye problem which prevents him sitting in the sun and wind. We are meeting nieces fiance for first time, so we'd like to converse. I find a lot of restaurants and bars, but can't find anything about the noise level, etc. Any ideas? We will be coming from Tampa, and they plan to be somewhere in St. Pete (unknown where yet). Thanks.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

What time of day, will you be having drinks and tapas or a meal? What is your price range?

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
115 reviews
2. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

Sorry I didn't get back to you - holidays! It will be lunchtime...meal, tapas, anything no price range. Critical that it is NOT a sports type bar with a lot of noise. Any ideas are appreciated. They will be staying somewhere in St. Pete but haven't said where yet. The folks live in Beach Park, so we'll be coming over the Gandy bridge, but that's not really an issue.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

A number of options:

ParkShore Grill, (inside or outside),

The Melting Pot

Three Birds Tavern

The Birch and Vine

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

The Hanger

http://www.thehangarstpete.com/

A restaurant at the Vinoy hotel.

marriott.com/hotels/…

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

Marchands at the Vinoy is lovely, but pricey. The Hangar has great food and service, but I find it noisy.

6. Re: Suggestion for laid back bar or restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2018, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg