We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas in the Spring?

Georgia
Level Contributor
132 posts
58 reviews
Cape San Blas in the Spring?

We usually travel to Cape San Blas in Sept and Oct, never the Spring. We plan to spend a week there mid-April? Is it crowed this time of year? In Sept and Oct, we saw VERY few tourist.

Also, is there anytime in April when the beach is covered in teens? Made the mistake of staying at Panama during Spring Break once....NEVER AGAIN. Please tell me if San Blas is anything like that during April.

Thanks in advance for your help and time

Columbia, TN
7 posts
1. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

We went last year the first week of April, there were very few people there. It was so nice and quiet we are going back this spring break! 4 weeks from tomorrow!! I've never been in the fall, but I've wanted to, I booked the same place for this fall that I booked for next month, because they had such good rates, I'm quite excited about it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

I don't think CSB is ever crowded. It's always been quiet regardless of the time I visited. April should be fine. Good luck

Edited: 25 February 2011, 23:18
Carthage, Missouri
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

Since it is a penninsula, with few restaurants or bars and a bit of a drive to get to them, there is little to attract spring breakers. No parasailing, dance clubs or jet ski rentals off the mainland. We have seen a few houses rented by 20-somethings, but they were pretty quiet. Not the usual party crowd. The water is still pretty chilly for my taste in April usually.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

Can someone recommend a place to stay in Cape San Blas? There will be 3 couples. Would like a full kitchen and located on the beach.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

CSB is mostly rentals (like condo's and homes) Sounds like you need a house rental just do a search and there are about 3 or so companies that handle rentals. you can also do a VRBO search

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

Barrier Dunes has some great rentals. It is a gated, townhouse community with 2 pools, tennis and is located just outside St. Joseph Peninsula State Park! The beaches are wide and beautiful and the water is clearest on this end of the Cape!

You will find a number of 3BR gulf front rentals in Barrier Dunes! Barrier Dunes 7 -Tropical Breeze has a King and 2 Queen Bedrooms and would be perfect for 3 couples!

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
623 posts
158 reviews
7. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

Georgiasunset, did you go to CSB? How was it?

drs0220, you may want to ask your question separately to get more responses.

8. Re: Cape San Blas in the Spring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:40
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics