We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?!

Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?!

My family is planning on renting a beach house in the Port Saint Joe area in the month of June. I have a few questions that need to be answered before we make our final decision.

1. Where are the nicest beaches? The kids like to boogie board.

2. Are there many different restaurants and shops in the area?

3. Besides spending time at the beach what other activities does your area have to offer?

4. What is the nearest airport?

5. How is Indian Pass and St Vincent Island? Would you stay in those areas?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Mentioned in this post
Port Saint Joe
Port Saint Joe
Florida Panhandle, FL
Indian Pass Campground
Indian Pass Campground
59 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Cape San Blas Inn
Cape San Blas Inn
#1 of 5 B&Bs / Inns in Port Saint Joe
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 hotels in Port Saint Joe
Mainstay Suites
Mainstay Suites
#2 of 7 hotels in Port Saint Joe
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?!

I hope you and your family love the Cape as much as our family does! The beaches on the whole Cape are amazing and beautiful! Your kids can boogie board anywhere on the Cape...will just depend on the "wave action" that day! I think the water gets clearer and the beaches get wider the closer you get to the State Park.

Cape San Blas only has 1 restaurant, Coneheads, which makes a mean hamburger among other things. There are LOTS of great restaurants between Port St. Joe (15 min. to the W) and Apalachicola (20 min. to the E)...more than we've been able to enjoy in 9 years of going to the Cape MANY times a year. You can see a full list here: thecapeescape.com/Cape_San_Blas_Restaurants.…

Both Port St. Joe and Apalachicola have shops you can enjoy. The Cape has 2 convenience stores (Scallop Cove and The Trading Post) that have gift items, beach stuff, snacks, food, pizza and that kind of thing.

The Cape is all about all things water....boating, fishing, snorkeling (great in the bay), crabbing, scalloping etc. You can also enjoy things like hiking in the state park (7 miles with no roads at the end of the Cape), horseback riding ON the beach or a bonfire after a beautiful sunset. If you're looking for putt putt and water parks, you'll find the Cape very non-commercial!

The nearest airport is the new International Airport on Panama CIty: http://iflybeaches.com/ . It is approximately 1 hour.

St. Vincent Island you can visit, but there is no "lodging" there. Great place to visit and you can get a boat ride over at the end of Indian Pass.

I prefer the Cape to Indian Pass...white sand, clearer water etc.

I hope that helps some!

If I can help more, just shout!

Wendy Jackson

Edited: 11 February 2011, 21:33
Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
599 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Port Saint Joe
Port Saint Joe
Florida Panhandle, FL
Apalachicola
Apalachicola
Florida Panhandle, FL
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Indian Pass Campground
Indian Pass Campground
59 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Jackson
Jackson
Mississippi
2. Re: Where to stay?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics