We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do, things to eat

grady,al
Level Contributor
305 posts
61 reviews
Things to do, things to eat

We are considering going down to Port St. Joe this month for the first time, and we need info! Are there good seafood restaurants available and activities? Any help would be appreciated. We normally go to Destin and have been to PCB a couple of times. As long as there are good places to eat, my significant other will be happy, and as long as I can sit on the beach, I will be happy.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Things to do, things to eat

This maybe a bit too late, but here goes: We just came back (we go every summer), and have found some really nice places to eat (in our opinion).

--Opinion Alert--

Joe Mama's Pizza. Pizza Hut it ain't. I cannot overstate how good this is. The owner is the guy making the pizza, the service is as superb as the food.

Dockside cafe. Pretty good stuff, reasonably priced, too

Sunset Coastal Grill. Overpriced, yet mediocre.

Toucan's (Mexico beach). If you like the ambiance of eating right on the beach, then by all means go. Just don't go for the food. It's as pricey as Sunset Coastal, with worse food. Really, we tried it again this year. It was bad. Dockside Cafe is MUCH better, and a better value.

Indian Pass Raw Bar. Yes. Go. Enjoy.

Boss Oyster in Appalachicola. Worth every minute of the drive. They get their seafood from the boat right from their own dock. You simply cannot get it any fresher. The $$$ is right, too.

Coneheads on CSB. Go for the ice cream. They have had some customer service issues in the past. This year, there were plenty of employees, and everyone was really friendly. We just don't wanna try eating a meal there again based on our experience in 2009.

grady,al
Level Contributor
305 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Things to do, things to eat

LeBouc - Thanks so much. We go next weekend, so your reply was just in time. You gave us some really good suggestions, and we will take them! Thanks again.

Olathe, Kansas
5 posts
3. Re: Things to do, things to eat

You HAVE to go to Indian Pass Raw Bar!! It's so much fun. You just grab your drink out of the cooler and order your food and at the end, you tell the cashier what you ate. It's on the honor system. You HAVE to try the baked oysters. The raw and steamed were good too but the baked are delicious!! Have fun!!

I agree that ConeHeads is a great place too.

Try Toucan's in Mexico Beach too. Lots of good greasy food. :-)

grady,al
Level Contributor
305 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Things to do, things to eat

Thanks so much for the info! We cannot wait to arrive. :)

5. Re: Things to do, things to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics