We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

WV
1 post
Save Topic
Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

Just wondering if I should book a house on the Cape during the week of 7/31--8/7 with the impending oil that could reach there...any suggestions/opinions...thanks!

Olathe, Kansas
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

I was there 7/11 - 7/18 and there were no signs of tar. It was beautiful!!

Just an fyi though, the snorkeling tours aren't happening because they are using their big boats for setting up booms in case the oil does come.

grady,al
Level Contributor
304 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

Did you go? We were at St. Joe Beach 7/29 - 8/1 and we saw no oil. Rode to Cape San Blas. We did see the clean up crew on our stretch of beach one day, with a port a potty being pulled behind a truck upon a trailer. From the house we could not see the wheels so it looked surreal like the port a potty was gliding down the beach! The beach area at Mexico Beach looked much cleaner than where we were, we had a lot of seaweed washed up all along the beach.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

We visited our mobilehome in SJB over July 4 week, there was a cleanup crew in the sand bar near Highland ( just past Windmark before you get to old Arizona chemical. They spent 2 days there (it is not a swiming beach) I have no idea what they could have been doing, as all the beaches were clean as can be? Just wasting money ? looking busy?

4. Re: Cape San Blas...7/31---8/7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics