We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

Arkansas
1 post
Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

My husband and I are looking to go to Cape San Blas this summer with our children age 2 and 4. The main thing we want out vacation is the beach, shelling, fishing, scalloping, parks...so it seems like the perfect place. I'm concerned that is is the #1 Dog beach though...don't want dogs jumping on my kids while trying to enjoy the beach! So if anybody could give me any information it'd be appreciated.

By the way...we've also looked at Mexico Beach (I know dogs aren't allowed there) We just think we'd like Cape San Blas better.

Houston, TX
3 posts
1. Re: Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

We did not see any dogs when we stayed there for a week. Dogs are allowed in Gulf County on the beaches but they must be on a leash. Dogs are not allowed in the State Park. If you have not stayed in Cape San Blas before be advised that it is very desolate. It is about 30-45 minutes to the store, etc. You will also want to be aware that scallop season opens July 1st.

Edited: 27 February 2010, 15:22
missouri
6 posts
2. Re: Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

This will be our 3rd summer to stay in Mexico Beach (if the oil doesn't make it there...) and we love it there. We've also visited the Cape and both places have beautfiul beaches. Dogs are on the beaches in Mexico Beach as well as Cape San Blas but they've never been a problem for us. The beaches are not crowded and so it's not like tons of dogs everywhere. MB and CSB are both very laid back, uncrowded places. There are not fast food places and only a few grocery stores. If you have ANY other questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me. I LOVE to talk about vacation.

Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

I brought my dog and only saw a few other people with dogs on the beach. I kept mine on the leash if there were a lot of people around. It is such a secluded beach that I don't see how dogs would be a problem. We were there on a weekend in June, and other than a few fisherman and families on the beach, there really weren't many people around. Also, most people, like myself, who allow dogs to be offleash have them under their voice control. They may want to come say "HI", but aren't going to be jumping all over you while sunbathing. Also, people who take their dogs to public places tend to be good about picking up their poop!

Edited: 15 June 2010, 20:17
4. Re: Cape San Blas - Are dogs everywhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics