We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

14 posts
Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

Hello! I will be traveling with my toddler for the first time to Port St. Joe, and hoping to stay at the Barefoot Cottages. I would really desire to stay in Cape San Blas, but am having a hard time finding rentals. Are all the areas close enough to travel to the different beaches? I am getting anxious that maybe I am not picking the best area for me and my toddler. After reading previous post I am hearing such great things about the cape. I can still change my reservation...any advice?

4 replies to this topic
Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
623 posts
158 reviews
150 helpful votes
1. Re: Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

Have you looked at Mexico Beach?

14 posts
2. Re: Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

No I haven't. I've always traveled to Destin pre kiddos and would love to take her somewhere not so touristy, someone recommended Cape San Blas. I was unable to find anything available there, but did find a rental in Port St Joe. I am currently torn between PSJ and St George Island. What do you like about Mexico beach? I am up for suggestions as my time is getting close!

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
623 posts
158 reviews
150 helpful votes
3. Re: Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

I like that it's much smaller, & much more quiet than Destin, with tons of easy access to the beach. We rented a house there a couple years ago. If you wanted to drive to the state park on the cape, it's very close. MB is just a few miles west of PSJ.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe

To not rent from Vacasa they canceled my reservation said it had storm damage. I contacted a week after Micheal had hit and was told by Molly at Vacasa that it was not damaged. Now a few days before my trip they are saying it suffered storm damage costing me more money to find another place to stay on short notice. I am not sure which lie to believe. I think they just wanted to hold my money.

Reply to: Barefoot cottages Port St. Joe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe
More Port Saint Joe Topics