We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photographer recommedations

south
Level Contributor
46 posts
photographer recommedations

looking for recommedations for a photograher in PCB to take good quality/reasonably priced family beach pic when we are there in Aug. Any suggestions?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: photographer recommedations

I read a Destin forum that highly recommended Mariola's Photography in Destin. I checked out her website, and she will travel to PCB and she has amazing prices. Her sample albums have beautiful pictures in them. Check out the site, it is

http://www.mariolasphotography.com

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: photographer recommedations

I checked out the website that travelm04 mentioned and these are great prices. We had family beach portraits done in Myrtle Beach about 5 years ago and paid around $400 for not that many pictures. We are going to PCB in June and I may check this place out myself...

Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: photographer recommedations

We had some beach portraits done a few years ago and used Gwyne's Photography. Her website is now gwynemarkphotography.com. She done a wonderful job. I think we paid $200-$300 for about 30 pictures. They were all 4x6, but she did put them in an album for us. I was VERY happy with the pictures. She met us at the pier at St. Andrew's park about an hour before sunset and it turned out to be the perfect time of day. I highly recommend her!

south
Level Contributor
46 posts
4. Re: photographer recommedations

Frumpypuppy

I had the same question about photographer. See some of the responses in my question thread.

hope it helps,

lsutiger14

Memphis
1 post
5. Re: photographer recommedations

If you're looking for quality photography on a budget, call Digital Imaginations Photography. The best price anywhere on the beach and magnificent photography.

Holts Summit, MO
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: photographer recommedations

We go to PCB every year and have a family photo taken each time. I have had some interesting photo shoots.

Can't say enough about These two: http://hbbphotography.com, Hannah is the best!!!

http://www.vuephotographyonline.com/, Genya Rocks!!!!

I love them both and would use either of them again in a heart beat! They are honest, and trustworthy did everything they said they would do. They were both wonderful with my rowdy husband and son. Patient while we negotiated with the boy to please take a picture! The reason I chose them both was because they are both very creative, I have done this so many years I need someone who is willing to take the picture that is different or maybe a little silly. Remember you pay for what you get. Yes they may be a little more expensive but their work is well worth the money. These two are both what I would call a little more "out of the box" unique if you will.

I have also used Gwyne as mentioned by the other poster. She is also good and I would consider using her again. She is also honest and trustworthy, I have used her two years in fact. I keep up with her website and since she took our pictures which were very good, she seems to have improved alot. Her services are not as expensive as the two I have mentioned above. I would have not problem using her again. She is good, very laid back and helpful, does your more standard beach shots.

I have used others, some are out of business, and one should be. I do not want to bash on here, but one session with a local photographer will be a crazy PCB memory forever. That is a ride you do not want to get on!!!!! If you have someone in mind and want to ask me, email me. I have never used Romo or Tim Allen, two total differnt calibers if I might add. Tim Allen is very well known and does alot of things in PCB, I just prefered the girls whom I mentioned above. Romo is very standard. There is also a gal named Melody that I visited with before but never used, no reason really, I liked her work, I think it just came back to the style of the Hannah and Genya who I mentioned above. I will be very curious to know who your going with so keep me updated! I usually make my choice about this time of year for our Oct. trip, so depending on when your going you may want to be making contact. They all keep very busy.

7. Re: photographer recommedations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 07:22