We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum cash if using CC

worksop
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Minimum cash if using CC

Hi.

We leave in 30 days and I have the Clarity CC. I plan to use this for everything if possible. Can it be used to pay for parking at the parks? What about at the tolls?

What i'm trying to work out is the minimum amount in currency I need to take. If I can use it at the above places, i'm thinking of maybe a few hundred dollars just in case.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thank you.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

You can use your card to pay for parking at the parks but you will need cash for tolls. However if you will be staying in the Disney area you won't need a lot for tolls but some are unmanned and require exact change so having a roll of quarters is a good idea.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,024 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

I would get a good amt of caash to bring with, the amount your provider has for free delivery, or use Thomas exchange or moneycorp.

If they dont allow you to have smaller denominations, then buy something in an airport shop before you pick up your car and get change. Ask friends who are recently back if you can have some quarters. In case you get off on an unmanned toll that only takes coins by accident (most tourist exits are not like this).

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

Hi

6 of us visited for 2 weeks in August.

We used about $400 in cash on smaller items

Parking ( $20 a go). I did not want to use CC at the parking.

Tips for maid in hotel.

Bottles of water/sundry snacks/ice creams etc in the parks.

Lockers at water parks

Petrol

Stingray /Bird food at SeaWorld /Busch etc

A number of these I could have paid by CC but it was easier just to use cash.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

I wouldn't carry more than a few hundred in cash. Cash isn't replaceable if lost or stolen and there is almost no where that you can't use a credit card.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

Is the exchange rate on the clarity average compared to other places? Trying to work out if it's worth applying for?

Thanks

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,298 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

A few hundred dollars is probably all you will need in cash.

Omak, WA
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

My plan for my upcoming trip is to bring enough $20 bills for each day that we plan on parking, and a roll of quarters. Everything else is paid for by the CC.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

Moneysavingexpert is still saying the the CC is the cheapest option for foreign currency in most places.

We just came back, just the 2 of us staying onsite at Disney with 1 night at the Hard Rock Hotel.

We used our magic bands where possible to charge to the room and CC where we couldn't do this. Took £200 worth of dollars and could have taken half of that as we only really used it for tips. We kept a bit back for the airport and put the rest against our hotel bill to save being left with it!

Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
116 reviews
9. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

Yeah, I am a big cash guy. But six of us went to WDW/US for ten days. I took 600 dollars along. Came back with a lot of that cash. We had magic bands and credit card. Twenty bucks a day should do it..... and definitely some quarters... good advice.

US
Level Contributor
5,653 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: Minimum cash if using CC

Take $200 cash and aim for bills $20 or less denomination.