We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

Hi all,

I am traveling to DW with my family (6 year old b/g twins, my husband and my active parents). Here is our tentative schedule for Epcot on Sunday of MLK weekend. It has been 20 years since I have been to DW so I have no idea if this will work. Can you let me know? Thanks as always for your help!!!!

9am Soarin' run from the gate directly there as we don't have a FP so we must be there early!

10am Seas with Nemo we have FP

10:30am Living with the Land

11:00 AM Turtle Talk with Crush we have FP

11:30 Imagination with Figment

12:30 CPT EO

1:00 Lunch in Mexico

2:30 Test Track we have FP

3:00 Norway/China

4:00 Universe of Energy

4:30 back to hotel for rest

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,104 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

You may be able to do Living with the Land just after you get out of Soarin, if you get done by say 9:30 AM; after all, it's "right there" where you come and go from Soarin. Then, you can go over to the Seas and do both the ride and the Turtle Talk show back-to-back with a look around the exhibits in between.

Figment won't take a full hour, but you could kill some time in the "Imagination" game room, as I call it when you get off the ride. You may not have to wait until all the way up to 12:30 to see Captain EO.

Is you lunch in Mexico quick service or table service?

Are you planning on going back to Epcot some other day to finish it off? There's great exhibits in World Showcase and a couple more places in Future World you didn't even mention you really need to see.

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

well I was thinking of doing more in the world show case if the kids are up for it and not melting by then:)

As for the other items in future world that we should see what would those be? Thanks!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

Just a heads up - Universe of Energy takes 45 minutes so that timing will not work. If your kids have a short attention span I would skip this one.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,104 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

I tend to agree about skipping Universe of Energy; it's long and frankly not worth the effort, IMHO.

I would think Spaceship Earth, while not the biggest thrill, would be more interesting than UoE for all of you and won't take near as long to do. Also in Future World, there are the two Innoventions buildings with very interesting "hands on" things to see and do, and don't dare miss going to Club Cool to try all the Coke products.

In Future World, there's a cute boat ride in Mexico, and there are nice films to see in France and Canada you didn't mention. Also, you need to see the nighttime show Illuminations at least once; it's really good.

5. Re: Epcot Schedule for Sunday (MLK weekend)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19