We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

I have visited a lot of the parks in Florida when I was younger. I was thinking of getting the ultimate Florida ticket to do them all again but looking at the websites for the Disney parks a lot more aimed at children not sure they would be worth us doing. Possibly now thinking of just getting the fab 5 ticket islands of adventure, universal studios, aquatica, busch gardens and seaworld and maybe a orlando explorer pass. Open to activities away from the parks. Any recommendations and tips would be appreciated.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

We've been going as adults, no kids, for years and wouldn't dream of not doing Disney, there is so much more than just kiddie things to do. Stick to your original plan and do them all again :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

I agree, don't miss the Disney Parks. Plenty for all to enjoy

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/themeparks.htm

Reliable Discount tickets, price includes tax, free shipping available

www.undercovertourist.com

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,105 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

" Open to activities away from the parks."

What time of year would this be?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

We are going the beginning of September this year.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

If you can run to night at a universal hotel I would recommend it. You can then do both parks there in 2 days with front of line access. It's great. Wouldn't miss Disney. I am 50 this year and love it and have been 10 times in 16 years! Lots to do for all ages. Take a trip to the beach and relax there. Would go for the passes including all the parks. If you win the lottery discovery cove is amazing. Going for the second time in July and can't wait!

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

Doing Disney and the other group is expensive. Sometimes you have to choose, sometimes you don't. There are Disney fanatics and Disney enjoyers as far as I am concerned. I have been going to Florida for 39 years each March. So much to see and enjoy. We love the ocean now and kids as later teens have been to Disney and Universal a few times and are skipping for a while. We only ever have a week at a time. Study the parks, look on Youtube, consider Miami or Gulf Coast. We love Cocoa Beach. It is very possible to have a wonderful Florida holiday and not go to Disney.

Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

Disney is fun for all ages :) But I would recommend Universal/IOA & Busch Gardens. They are my favorite parks.

You will find more rollercoaster rides at Busch Gardens aswell as at Universal.

A lot of the rides at Disney are tamer as they are more suitable for children. But it doesn't mean you wont enjoy it, there is a magical feeling whenever you go to Disney. Maybe consider a day or two to visit Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Those are the best parks for you to visit there, especially Hollywood Studios and Epcot as they have more "adult" theme. Got to ride the Tower of Terror and the Rocknroller coaster.

Consider maybe a visit to Anna Maria Island aswell as a get away.

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

Do EVERYTHING ;) all parks of course lol

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

You may have all convinced to do the Disney parks too! Thinking of buying tickets from floridatix would you recommend this site? Thinking of purchasing the Disney & Universal Combo 14 day ticket at £353 each then maybe a discovery cove ultimate ticket package including 14 day entry to busch gardens, aquatica and seaworld including 30mins swim with dolphins priced at £163 at the dates we are going. I don't know whether anyone will know but can't find the information on the website for the discovery cove visit you have to pick a specific date will the 14 days to the other parks only start after the visit to discovery cove? As i was hoping to visit the cove towards the end of the holiday as something a bit more relaxing.

Also not including cost of the tickets hire car etc how much money do you think we should take for 2 weeks? i was thinking about $2000 for the 2 of us.

Edited: 24 March 2013, 11:39
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 adults 2 wk trip What parks/activities do you recommend?

We booked with Florida tix. All very good, although tried to upgrade my husband to a dolphin swim as a surprise and they weren't helpful. Booked on a Saturday and tickets came recorded delivery on Tuesday. We are going to discovery cove 2 days before we go home. You just take the paper receipts they send you to sea world or aquatica and they give you tickets up to 2 weeks before your discovery cove trip. We also ordered universal tickets and they are real tickets so no need to exchange.Hope you have a great time.