We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Place in the Sun!

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
A Place in the Sun!

Just seen an episode of this filmed January 2012 (last month) and there was a 3 bed condo for ~£68,000 and a 4 bed town house at emerald island for £103,000.

Just wondering how many of my family would remorgage so we could buy between us!

When you consider prices in the UK its amazing, especially if you get rental income.

Sure it must be difficult though to guarantee rental and then I imagine there are a lot of fees.

Its a nice dream though.

Germany
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: A Place in the Sun!

Wow, am amazed at how much it would cost to run a villa even if you have no mortgage on it. Think I will stick to renting then but still like to watch these property programmes.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
796 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: A Place in the Sun!

Was thinking, although it would be amazing to go to Orlando every year, even more often than once if you had one of these lovely homes, I'm thinking that if you had a home there you would have no choice and there is so much world out there it would be nice to have the option of going to other places just for a change as it certainly doesn't look like anyone is going to actually make good income from a rental home in this economic climate.

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: A Place in the Sun!

If you could guarantee covering your costs would be enough, because surely if you kept it 5-10 years the value would go up and then you could make a.profit when you sell.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: A Place in the Sun!

I have just watched it and its fab, cannot believe the house prices, but like otheres said i bet it costs a fortune in all the additional costs.

I would definately spend my pennies in FL buying a vacation home if i won the lottery xx

I have sky plused the program for this week so i don't miss it again.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,191 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: A Place in the Sun!

most properties bought 5 years ago in FL are worth far less, not more. 10 years, maybe the same if you are lucky?

Given the price plunges in the last 6 years, and the improving US economy I would sya you may have a better than even chance if buying today but you can never guarantee improved prices over a period as littel as 5 years.

36. Re: A Place in the Sun!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:41