We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Officially when is it ok to pack

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
galway
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Officially when is it ok to pack

Ok. When is it too soon for Orlando trippers to pack. Not talking about the regular run of the mill holiday I'm talkin the trip you've been planning down to the minutest derail. Keep in mind this is a loaded question as I've just put finishing touches to mine. Last of the ironing. Zipped up and weighing in at a fantastic 11kg. Reason being sister carrying my wash bag and sun creams. Also have a carry on for first 3 days for pop century. Then main bag for next 1 weeks in OKW. Not going till 13th aug sat week

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

I always plan to pack early and end up doing it the day/night before

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

I don't pack, I let the OH do it, she does the washing, so she can do the packing, that's what us men have a wife for.

Only joking ladies HeHeHe !!!!

Suite cases out of the loft & pack the morning we leave for the airport.

Which is the day before we fly.

ajg

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

In theory if you were going from the UK where our weather is garbage after August and you were going to Florida in December you pack some things like suntan lotion and shorts.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

After years of leaving it all until the last minute, everything is pretty much away in cases at least 48 hrs in advance. We always do a packing list, so we don't forget what we've already packed. Sometimes, being too organised lulls us into a false sense of security. It's great to go to bed on Holiday eve, safe in the knowledge that all you have to do in the morning is get up and get yourselves ready. It's a stress-free start to the long day ahead.

Edited: 02 August 2011, 18:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

Erm, I'm already packed, and I am not going until next year! Lol! Only because I washed all of our stuff from last year, and just put it back in the suitcase ready for next year :-) Last minute bits are packed the day before

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

The night before is when we do ours :)

ajg glad to hear your taking the "mans" role, presumably you don't let ladies buy drinks!!!!! ROLE ON NOV 15TH !!!!!!

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

i pack the day before. however i do have a list and make sure everything i need is there.

a work colleague of mine was packed and ready a month before leaving for orlando last year!

Brixham, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

im not going until the 14th september and our cases already have the majority of shoes/clothes etc in... just a fe bits to add at the end. sad i know but im so excited!!!! ive read "a brits guide to orlando" cover to cover at least 5 times! (and that was supposed to be my reading material for the flight!)

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

I'm about a week before but always end up faffing around the night before and then there's the stuff you need the night before u go or the morning of which gets chucked in at the last min!!!

galway
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Officially when is it ok to pack

I'd be double stressed if I left it to last minute. Like Ian8000 said as we dont need the summer clothes its easy to put them away. All i'll need to do now is charge the devices and off we go.