We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Topic
Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Hiya arrived safe and sound. A bit tired but I will try and let you know how everything has gone up til now!

Got up at 3 o'clock this morning as I could not sleep and decided to make some roast beef rolls for the airport.(these have been left in my fridge for the next 3 weeks as I forgot to take em with me! Yuk).

Anyway left home about 5:30am to the airpark and arrived at the Thomas cook check in around 6:30am.

I asked the guy if e could allocate me in the free premium cabin but he only had 4 seats left and we needed 5! At least he tried, so for all the ppl travelin with thomas cook don't be shy to ask for these seats.

We had booked into Glasgow airport sky lounge which cost £56 for a family of five. This turned out to be a god send as it was unlimited drinks and snacks playstations computers papers etc but most of all it was calm and relaxed and would defo do it again!!

The flight was pretty much on time, maybe 15 min delay but we ended up in Sanford half hour earlier than scheduled.

When we sat down my husband noticed his tele wasn't working and the crew fell over themselves by re jogging some people so we could move all together to seats where the seat back entertainment worked and even gave us a complimentary drink from the bar (result!) mine was a magners lol.

I quite like the food on the plane which consisted of chicken potatoes carrots peas, melon grapes bread roll crackers and cheese and lily obriens chic caramel pot( yum) that was for lunch.

A couple of hours later we got some cute lily obriens ice creams and then 90 mins before landing we got a small egg crest sandwich a small cheese sandwich and a cream tea ( yum)

The films that were showing were:

1) little dockers

2) black swan

3) the kings speech

4) the fighter

5) love and other drugs

6) scooby doo.

As I said we arrived at Sanford half hour ahead and it took from 1:30 til 3:00 to clear immigration and collect car from Alamo!

No hard sell at all from Alamo which was very pleasing as I had Been rehearsing saying no for ages lol!

They did say that as I had chosen a compact car tht I should up grade at the bargain price of $10 per day but I declined as I had a trick up my sleeve!

We tipped the guy in the parking lot $15 and he upgraded us to a full size ( result!) just to let anyone know who has booked with Alamo that they never put a block on my card they just charged $52 for a full tank of petrol and we return it empty!

Arrived at enclave suites at 4 pm and after a small altercation with the room door lol we took the kids to the pool for a quick dip!

So far I have to say that the enclaves are great and very accommodating! I never got the room I wanted with the terrace as they were fully booked but they have put a hold on the next one avail for me which is tues but thats fine as I will still have another 2 wks to enjoy!

We went to wild buffalo wings for dinner!

For a family of five it cost $45 and I gave $52. afterwards we went to chuckee cheese for a bit and now we r back at the enclaves and we are absolutely shattered !

I have to say my kids were absolute angels on da plane!!

Sorry for going into so much detail! I don't half go on lol!

I will try and whittle it down a bit tomorrow so y'all don't fall asleep.

Hayles x

pa
Level Contributor
53,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Hooray ! You made it :)

Enjoy every little minute of your 2 weeks

Looking forward to your live reports

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Just wondering what the weather is like? The forecast shows rain everyday for a week?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Fantastic, glad you all arrived safe & sound. Good food on an airplane!!! Now there's a novelty. lol... Have fun, looking forward to the next one :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Not too much detail at all, great and enjoyable reading. Thanks and have a good time. Looking forward to more.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Glad to hear everything has gone great, have a good day tomorrow :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Yay!!! You're in sunny Orlando!!!!

What a fab trick re getting free upgrade for your car...how did you think to do that??

I sooo wish I was there too...hope you have a brilliant time.

Look forward to your updates!

;0)

scotland
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Hiya just woke up at 6:30 (not too bad!)

Weather yesterday was a bit unbearable like walking into a hot oven! It was probably made worse as we were tired and not used to it!!

Slept like a wee dream at the enclaves bed was comfy.

Gonna get ready now and go to walmart welcome meet( for our free kids eat free cards) then shopping.

Parks start tomorrow x

London
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Sounds like a good flight, but 1 1/2 hrs through immigration and car rental is bad, and not usual for Sanford.

I like the trick with the upgraded car, must remember that one.

Don't worry about too much detail, we LOVE detail on here, the more the merrier. Looking forward to your next instalment.

We've done the parks to death with our kids, and done the parks as a couple without kids, so now we go for a more - dare I say restful....lol holiday now, just taking about 3 or 4 days in Orlando to do Epcot and a water park and shopping, then down on the gulf in a condo for a bit of R&R, and then tag a cruise on the end, but I still love to hear all about the parks.

Whatever you're doing, have a fab holiday.

dublin
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Have you done that with car before?would it work in MCO i wonder,look forward to hearing more live reports.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helllllllooooo I have arrived!!!

Hello iheartorlando!

Thought you had arrived..... I heard someone singing the Star Spangled Banner!!!

Have a great time... its hot isnt it! We spent yesterday in Epcot celebrating my 50th Birthday... never been wished Happy Birthday so many times! Next

Wednesday we are going into the MK to celebrate daughters 18th!