We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

As we narrow further in on the plans for our exciting Disney trip I am at the stage of trying to figure out a biggie...

Where to eat dinner with a possible group of 12 (8 adults, 2 - 6 year old, 1 - 14 year old and a 1.5 year old) in celebration of one of the 6 year olds birthday.

Many have recommended T-Rex but do we have to pay to access the Downtown Disney area? Is it part of MK? What about Garden Grill? Garden Grove...ahhh my head is spinning....any help one can offer please? We don't have to do character dining if there is a place off site that is unique and fabulous for 6 year old parties?

Thanks!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

You don't have to pay to access Downtown Disney, nor do you need a park ticket of any kind. It is not part of Magic Kingdom, and is in a totally separate part of the WDW complex. If ou are staying at a Disney resort, you can get a bus for free there. If you have a car, you can park for free at Downtown Disney, and you can park almost right at the door of T-Rex.

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

Hi

You don't have to pay to go to Downtown Disney. It's a lovely area to visit in the evenings with lots of shopping opportunities and restaurants. I'd guess that your six year old would love either T-Rex or the Rainforest Cafe for their birthday celebrations. Parking is free too!

Edited to add that as an extra birthday treat there is a Build a Dino or the Lego shop which would go down very well!!!

Edited: 31 January 2011, 19:16
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

Hi,

Downtown disney has no admission fee. It's not considered one of the theme parks. T-Rex is fun,if you 6 year old is into dinosaursand the food is good . If you're going to the Disney Parks..how about asking your little one what his/her fav character is,and booking character meal for that. They make quite a fuss over the birthday kids. Here's a link of where to dine with who/whom...Take a deep breath thru your nose,and exhale thru your mouth...tee hee hee :+)) Everything will work out fine.

http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

Be warned, TRex has metior storms which are really loud, I don't know what you 18mnth is like but I have seen little ones absolutely terrified in TRex and the Rainforest. May be Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary would be better, great fun for all ages. (I celebrated my 50th there!!) fabulous :)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

I would recommend T-Rex. As others have stated you do not need to pay for parking. With a party of 12 I would definitely make ADR. With our ADR we were seated within 10 minutes of arriving and the wait for walk up was well over 1hour. Your six yrs old and those that are 6yrs old at heart will love this place. We took my son for his 5th day and he LOVED It. Let the waiter know it is his/her b-day and they will bring out a special dessert and sing Happy Birthday!.. The food is good and something for everyone. Also, my youngest son was 7months at the time and very alert and unphased by the noise. We did see a few breakdowns but after the 2nd meteor shower they tend to get use to it. There is also lots of shopping and site seeing to do in DTD before/after your meal.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

To clarify one of the prior posts, the Build-a Dino shop is in the gift shop area inside of T-Rex and is run by the Build-A-Bear people. Even if you don't eat at T-Rex, you can go to the Build-A-Dino shop and check out the numerous dinosaurs for sale.

UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

My 7 year old granddaughter loves Gaylords Palms Hotel - Villa de Flora Restaurant - food is great, and the scenery is spectacular there. Go to their website - it's really a WOW place!!

oby
Nr Edinburgh
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

We went to Cinderella's table in MK for my daughter's birthday last year but it could be a tad expensive for you all (we scored as we had the dining plan for free). She loved it!!

We're back this year and we're doing the Hoop do doo review at Fort Wilderness, which we think will be a good laugh.

Another suggestion for a special day if you go to Downtown Disney would be a princess makeover at bibiddi bobbidi boutique. My daugher has done this a couple of times and loved it too!! (If you go for the princess makeover bring your own princess dress as they are pretty pricey in the disney store).

Whatever you do have a great time, just being at Disney for a special day is worth its weight in gold (remember to get her a birthday badge and everyone will say hello and wish her happy birthday). ENJOY!

9. Re: Where to go for 6 years old birthday dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 19:17