We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice badly needed please

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
advice badly needed please

hi everone i hope u can help i need advice on a few things and thankyou in advance for any replies

1) can someone pls tell me what the difference is between booking a package holiday to florida and booking flight and hotel only?? do you get extras on the package deal and if so what are they?

2) where is the best place to buy flexi tickets and swim with dolphin tks we have a party of 7 going 4 adults and 3 children aged 5,13,15

3) is the kids eat for free cad worth buying?

4) whee is the best place to buy travel insurance from?

thankyou all

chelly x

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice badly needed please

1- the difference is mainly that if you buy a package rather than book it yourself you are covered by ABTA and ATOL bonding. These days most things are paid for seperately in a package, incl transfer etc. They will give you a 'free welcome meeting' where you might get a voucher for a free meal, but they are jut trying to sell you things.

2-Flex tickets and DC, Undercovertourist.com

3- no. Not for me as most places on this card are low end and I don't eat there. Some places have kids eat free on certain days w/o paying for it.

4- travelsupermarket.com for a comparison

stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice badly needed please

thankyou for help x

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice badly needed please

I always get my insurance from AA, seem to offer the most cover for the best price x hope that helps, the other questions have been answered by others x

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice badly needed please

I don't know if it will make a difference to your decision about DC but your 5 yr old won't be able to do the actual dolphin swim , you need to be 6 or over to do that section of the day.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 16:36
Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice badly needed please

Hi Chelly,

Just an idea on your travel insurance, check your Bank account's "included extras". Some accounts have travel insurance already included.

We bank with LTSB and our account's travel insurance also covers other members of our family holidaying with us. One holiday we included our nephew to be covered and another year a foster child was covered both at no extra charge.

If not the Post Office is quite competatively priced.

6. Re: advice badly needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 07:22