We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's wrong with?

Northampton
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
What's wrong with?

Hi just like to know what's wrong with the wet and wild side of idrive I go at the end of the year and getting worried I'm stayin at the enclave which is on carrier drive I think I was at the holiday inn in 2008 just over the road at it was fine so what's changed.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
151 reviews
1. Re: What's wrong with?

HI

Here is an earlier post

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k3860…

Annie

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: What's wrong with?

It's not that there is something particularly wrong with it , it is just busier & not as nice to look at as other areas, more cheap gift shops than other areas

I don't thnk it has changed that much in 2 years , it is nearly 20 years since I last stayed there & it has changed a lot since then.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,168 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: What's wrong with?

To find out what is wrong, just do a search.

There was a thread just the other day that said what is wrong. Why start a new one just to rehash?

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: What's wrong with?

If you found it fine in '08 then you'll be alright, don't worry it's not changed for the worse (or better) since.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: What's wrong with?

The pointe orlando end is nice and new looking not tacky and looks well kept. The other end is a bit run down still acceptable though. (Just lots of tacky shops) I wouldn't worry too much about it. Plenty of people stay there and surrounding. I think that the pointe orlando is just the preferred now.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,403 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: What's wrong with?

The area is not to everybody's taste. That does NOT mean there is anything wrong with it; nothing at all. You have no reason to not enjoy your trip.

Ermington, United...
Level Contributor
577 posts
158 reviews
7. Re: What's wrong with?

I would be more than happy to stay at that end of I drive, there is plenty to do and see, a few bars ,tacky gift shops, some good adventure golf too.

I really wouldn't worry about anything .

essex
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: What's wrong with?

I'm not a fan of I drive full stop.

The wet'n'wild side is definately the less desireable end though. Years ago, we always stayed I drive and it was fine, but unfortunately, the lack of investment has meant that the W'n'W end has become a bit lower end and tacky. We booked the enclave suites a couple of years ago, but only stayed one night. It wasn't how I remembered it and I think that having stayed in some fab places inbetween, we have become a little bit spoilt.

Lake Buena Vista is much nicer because it is newer.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,168 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: What's wrong with?

a note.

Look how many brits are willing to stay there, and how many americans don't even consider it. Most brits who have been before, choose other areas and once they have, don't go back.

Personally, If I don't know an area, I let these type of things guide me (ie local knowledge). Many who Love this area don't/can't drive, or have never experienced other areas. If you can't or don't want to dirve, there are other options- you aren't stuck there.

In all my years here, I have never heard of anyone who experienced other areas different from North Idrive who ever went back there.

Caveat Emptor

10. Re: What's wrong with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 07:22