We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Just wondered what people's preferences were to these 2 shopping outlets and why.

We've only ever been to Premium, Florida Mall and Belz.

This year we are considering trying Prime, as it looks similar to Premium outlets and that is our favourite place to shop.

From what I could tell on the website they have most of the same shops with only a few exceptions.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Happy Travels!!

:0) Mango

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,077 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Prime is on the site formerly occupied by Belz (which is no more). The outlet is quite similar to Premium, as you say, with a lot of commonality of shops etc and availability of goods is similar.

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd possibly go to Prime for the sole reason there is more other retail in the immediate area. The first stretch of I-Drive going south from Prime is lined with outlet and other stores. And there is the Bass Pro shop (Outdoor World) close by as is the (mostly empty so don't waste any time) Festival Bay mall.

And from here, it's only a short hop (bus, car or taxi) to the upscale Mall at Millenia......where you can imbibe a good few Calories at the Cheesecake Factory.

On the other hand, if you want to round off your shopping at Outback Steakhouse (also recommended), that's opposite Premium Outlet.......

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,519 posts
1,863 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

We went to both places twice.

They do have similar shops but we ended buying more at Prime. The reason the shops had better deals at the time of our visit and clothes that fitted as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

There isn't much difference between them mostly the same shops, I prefer premium though. I think it's laid out a bit better and I manage to find more bargains there.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Thank you for all the advice and opinions.

I think we will head to Prime for a change and if it takes us we'll hop down I-Drive to Premium outlets too!!

Just wanted to know if there were any must-do's!

Do you get a coupon booklet, like at Premium, in the Prime outlets?

:0) Mango

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

hi i found both to be very good and have most of the same big brand shops like tommy hilfigure and ralph lauren.... etc.

however, the prime outlets has a lot more shops than the premium outlets and you would need 2 days to get round it all...

they both have websites that you can go and see all the shops that they have

i love the premium outlets but i have to admit the tommy hilfigure shop when i went to the Prime outlets i found it had a lot more selection because it was a bigger shop but either outlets i dont htink you will be dissapointed with them

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

You could do both easily. If you have a car it will be easier.

London
Level Contributor
130 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

It's easy to do both. We prefer Prime, as it has a Saks and a Neiman Marcus, which Premium doesn't. These shops can be a bit pricey, but often have some real bargains.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Prime also has North Face, Betsy Johnson and Victoria's Secret.

Jennifer

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

Yes definitely worth visiting both. My favourite changes everytime I go, once trip my favourite is prime and next time its premium. Just depends on where I buy more.

A lot of the stores are the same but they sometimes have a few different lines in stock. Plus if you cant get your size in one you can always try the other.

xx

10. Re: Prime vs. Premium Outlets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 07:20