We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Houston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
60 reviews
CRAZY flight price for next Summer

I've just started looking around for flight prices from Glasgow to Orlando for the end of June 2011.

Virgin are quoting a price of, wait for it....... £4,440.70......for 2 adults and 1 child, and this is for economy! And, they have the cheek to quote their Price Guarantee that "you won't find the same Virgin Atlantic flight for less on any UK website"!

Needlesss to say I'll be shopping around.

Has anyone started looking for next summer and have you had found any good prices out there?

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities
Blackbird Vintage Music
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Shooting Gallery
Gift & Speciality Shops
newcastle upon tyne...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

first choice from Glasgow direct with accommodation at a quality inn for example fly premium seating £2700 in June.

regards

Houston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Thanks for that, will have a look.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
544 reviews
3. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

one of my work colleagues has just booked 2 weeks with Thomas Cook departing something like June 28th 2011 (to be in school holiday time) - 2 adults and a 14 year old and she paid around £2800 for the package. staying at a Disney hotel so I'm guessing it must be one of the value ones.

West Coast, Scotland
2 posts
4. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Try this http://www.barrheadtravel.co.uk/

Ps. you can save a bit of money if you are prepared to fly from Manchester.

Edited: 02 August 2010, 13:04
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Second vote for first choice, we got a great deal for next May staying in Disney's Port Orleans with the free dining plan for £2900 for 3 of us, its also flying from our local airport which is a god send, no horrible treck up to Gatwick!

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
147 reviews
6. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Hi

Do these flights fly into MCO or Sanford ?

Annie

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

Thomas Cook and First Choice fly into Sanford, Virgin, BA and most of the scheduled airlines fly into MCO.

Virgin are having a laugh! Even BA are half that price from anywhere in the UK via Gatwick

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

I don't even bother looking at Virgin anymore, ever since I realised that when I priced things seperately on their own site it came out cheaper.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

I was hoping that when Virgin took over TCD it would have re created the the old TCD firm where all the thousands of dedicated TCD customers would have followed it. Other then the name it bears no resemblement of the old firm . Which offered decent prices. bigger seat pitch , flew into Sanford , and had a level of service on board Virgin has yet to match.

This is why most of its regulars have walked away.

hayleylou30
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
10. Re: CRAZY flight price for next Summer

2 ad 3 children 3 wks glasgow sanford end of june 3600 thomas cook

2 bedroom apt i drive